Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

@elliottbnewcombjr,

I’ve purchased several and always try to give props when that happens.
Uber,

Maybe you keep the volume too high?

Moby Grape has been on my wish list quite a while. I missed out on a sealed pp of their first lp a while back. I’m pretty sure @bdp24 has mentioned them in the past.
Did you pull your mask off and repeat?...or did you just give him thumbs up?
@noromance ,

Feel free to tell others.

The MyMat ain’t no fluke! ...and frankly, neither am I
@tomic601 ,

Does the fact you're using your RM-9 again, mean your walnut amp stand is in use?
Hi @redwoodzz,

Welcome to this thread. I noticed one of your posts was asking about the Vandersteen Quatros. A regular poster here, @tomic601  has much experience with Vandersteen. I'm sure he'd be helpful.
The Beatles "Yellow Submarine (songtrack)" UK/1999/ yellow vinyl
Surprisingly great SQ!
Gram Parsons "Grievous Angel" pp

One of many my neighbor gifted me. Sounds (after cleaning) better than it looks. Actually sounds wonderful!
Up now after it’s first US clean....

Ten Years After "Live at The Fillmore East 1970" 3 lp set/2018 Chrysalis.

This set is surprisingly clear/quiet/ nicely pressed. With great SQ.
@bkeske, Brian,

If you’re serious, I saw an as new Rega RP10 with their 3000 arm for sale earlier on US AudioMart for around 50% off retail. If I were you, I’d jump on that!

The VPI....you can always go for the gimbled bearing arm at the same price as the uni-pivot. When I first got the tt I own from VPI, the uni-pivot was somewhat of a shock. After taking it on several dates, I have no problem with it. I have the dual-pivot upgrade which is great!

If I didn’t have so many projects in the pipe, I’d bought the Rega myself.

My feeling, at that price, the Rega would be your last TT.
The "JBMD" Traffic lp from the box is easily heard as superior. Comparing both lps, it’s like the United Artists US lp is a couple generations removed. GET THAT BOX SET!

"I'm stuck in Traffic again"
After listening to the above Traffic lp, I'll go to the same title from my recommended Traffic box set. 

I'm pretty sure of the results......
@big_greg,

You're a bigger man than I, as I feared breaking a stylus/cantilever so much that I chose to attack the lp warps (at the source) by purchasing my ORB flattener. I'm not sorry. I think overall, I made the smart purchase.
Bob Dylan "Blood on the Tracks" 2019/RSD? copy of the New York/test pressing.

SQ = EX!
Playing..........Priscilla Ahn "A Good Day"  MFSL/I bought it based upon my male visual instinct.

SQ is great. Why I'd revisit...maybe never.
I really never got into the above album before.

Now, hearing this copy, I GET it. Such a wonderful meeting of song writing, production, and SQ! 

Get It!
Rhiannon Giddens was one of the artists honoring at The Kennedy Center a few years ago. She came out and blew the house down wearing bear feet. I assume that was a nod to her roots.
No idea Uber, I just roll with the flow buddy

Hey, You live in a sand box, great isolation
Khruangbin "Con Todo El Mundo"

A rare Sunday night deep clean. No, probably the first.....

I love this band!
Received these today:

My care package from Jim @tomic601 , thanks my friend!

John Fullbright "Songs"
The Pixies "Bossanova" 30th Anniversary/red vinyl/4AD
Jellybread "First Slice"  Blue Horizon/OP, US Demonstration copy
Got in a Phoenix Engineering Falcon PSU today. I'm hoping it's gonna work with my Rock 7. 
@tomic601 ,

Re: Audioquest lps,

Doug MacLeod
Robert Lucas
Mighty Sam McLain
Tried the Flux HiFi on side one of "The Last DJ" after listening through the complete side first. Same volume. Notes are slightly more clear, instruments have a little more sustain. Certainly, piano notes are more clearly presented. Looking at the stylus after cleaning, I could clearly see the stylus/cantilever interface more clearly and nothing came off on the blu-tack.

So at this point, especially since I've been so diligent with cleaning all along, I feel right now it's a worth while accessory, especially at a good discount.
Jellybread "First Slice"  Blue Horizon/US/WLP

Ran across this by chance and took a chance on it.
Currently cleaning one of my gifted lps from @tomic601 , Nitty Gritty Dirt Band "Uncle Charlie & His Dog Teddy". Has one of my favorite songs on it, "Mr. Bojangles". I bought the Jerry Jeff Walker (who wrote it) lp earlier this year with that song on it. I went to YouTube to look up Sammy Davis Jr.'s version that I remember loving as a youngster. Didn't find that one but watched his performance in Germany circa 1985. Such a talented guy!
I got in a Flux HiFi electronic stylus cleaner in today. Had my eye on this quite a while and decided to give it a go. My Sussurro is 1yr @ 8 mo. old with conservatively 2000 hours on it. ( I think most people following this thread know I listen at least 25 hours a week.) Still sounds great but I thought it would be a good candidate to try this unit on a little later.
@noromance ,

Now if you only had the cartridge for it.............
Pretty sure that NGDB lp was (cleaned) by someone previously with lighter fluid.

My next one out of the "care package".....

Procol Harum "Live w/ The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra"  1972/A&M

PH is one band I'm sorely lacking in my collection. This record is surely one I'd never had thought of buying myself, which is why I appreciate it so much. Thanks again Jim!

Hey James the Korppoo Trio had caught my eye earlier. 

Arrived today,

Brandy Clark "Your Life is a Record" 

2020/Warner