Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

"Hit Reset" Now!

I have a feeling that after hearing most of song one, this ain't near "Run Fast" in any sense of that greater album.
It’s obvious Hit Reset was an earlier effort. In that sense, I respect it. Run Fast is a more mature and much better record.

Having said that, side two of Hit Reset Rocks!
I have both said lps. Was given "and then there were three" a few years ago and still haven’t played it. I had thoughts of playing "Abacab" a few weeks ago when I noticed @uberwaltz, uhm..cough, cough.... had listened to it. I guess it’s been decades since I’ve listened.
@big_greg, I cleaned my period pressing that's been with me since it was released. It is in surprisingly great shape and sounds wonderful!
@bdp24 ,

In your post last week regarding Aretha Franklin/The Swampers.....I was reminded today listening to the radio, that there's a line in "Sweet Home Alabama"   "now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers"....
Saw Taj Mahal recently on some show and I would not had recognized him if it wasn't for the announcer saying his name.
Eric, 

Safe travels my friend. I knew there was some reason you never ordered a MyMat. ha ha!
Jim, What may be interesting is, his deep voice is very present here at such a young age.
Been a while since I had listened to this KT lp. I recommend it. Produced by and I believe recorded at Howe Gelb’s home studio to tape.

My first listen ever to...

ZZ Top "The First Album"
London/stereo
PS 584

A really nice copy. What's impressing me is the choice of the engineers for the great separation of the 3 members. This transfers to a really wide soundstage. Very nice!
Sufjan Stevens "Illinoise"

"look beneath the floorboards
for the secrets I have hid"
As soon as someone develops a turntable that spins counterclockwise, there is not.
@johnto ,

Nice find dude! You’ll love "Loud Hailer". In fact, I'm putting on my copy now... whew.....
While I was in the 'B' section, well, more specifically in the 'Beck' section, I pulled out "Mutations"...my absolute favorite Beck lp!  Enjoy!
Good morning @uberwaltz. 

That's really a great description of the main benefit of US cleaning.
@bdp24 ,

Hey brother, the lp sounds fantastic now, especially with the addition of two MyMats. All of that low bass info is now handled really nicely. The entire sound spectrum is full and complete.
This is my prime lp for this night...

Zevon "Wanted Dead or Alive"

I’m told, this is his first lp, not the S/T lp,

From my memory, he had some success as a "jingle writer". Not sure of the time frame. The picture of Warren on this jacket has him looking like a young Jan Michael Vincent....probably 19 years old?.One of the songs was featured in the movie "Midnight Cowboy".....so Warren must have been noticed way before this lp came out.
I own the MFSL "Tigerlily" and it sounds great. This (new tigerlily recordings) SQ is even better. I think I got it from Insound @ 50/60% off in 2017.
Listening to "Sweet Jane" on the Trinity Sessions Revisited, made me want to pull out Mott the Hoople "All the Young Dudes"....the Absolute Analogue numbered edition from over a decade ago. Up next.
@uberwaltz,. It’s nice regarding how much more music one is willing to discover when one has the music (vinyl & the proper way to clean it) and a great system on which to enjoy.
Up in a bit is the Ramones ""Live @ The Palladium" (New York, New York,12-31-79) that our friend @tomic601 so graciously offered up recently to anyone who wanted it. BTW, I received it as a sealed 2019 RSD numbered copy.

Thanks so much Jim!
As much as we prize our records....in the end it's just a record. Relationships are so much more important!
Well Jim, I listened to side one of the Ramones lp. While it's not audiophile quality, it is really about the performance and it's historical significance, well, for me anyway. Supposedly, this recording was sourced from a cassette tape on the mixing boards.

The quality of the vinyl and the pressing is top notch. There you go. Thanks again!
Listening to JP had me wondering how much it sounded like BDylan. Who came first? More importantly..did one or the other have a significant impact?
John Prine "S/T" 1971/SD 8296/period pressing/a gift! Actually, the original owner lives in my neighborhood, why more can one ask?
Hello @boxer12,

......gettin’ your system warmed up?
Had any hic-cups with the new arm?

LUNA "Lunafied"  RunOutGroove

Wow! The now OOP lp from our vinyl friends @ ROG.

SQ + EX+
cleaning..... Bob Dylan "Modern Times"

Found a sealed copy and jumped on it. My first time hearing it.