For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

IF we all look alike that means I just dropped at least twenty pounds!

@noromance....I have in back of mind a Decca when I wear the Lyra out....
@slaw well that is perfect for Easter :-) brilliant- I have that on the NAS
Susan and the smoky sultry band have me casting about for an early afternoon Bourbon.... just a sliver of ice..... wind, rain, grey, palm fronds blowing down a deserted street....
@nicks25 ya man Van perfect for the mood my buddy named his Dog Tupelo ....
I scored a minty Conquistador CD at Goodwill for like a quarter... back in the old days when we could bin dive....
Bizarre, after first track it’s fine.... like the deaf intern mixed Riding.... oh well
@slaw the Link Wray disc was done in his converted chicken shack with 3 tracks... he IMO is a consummate bass player also....
Liz Story - Solid Colors ( Windham Hill - Japanese Pressing - Alfa Records, made in Japan

superb.....

deeply resonant, body and tone in great depth and shading....lovely...I remember selling these in the shop....crinkly loose shrink wrap...
Big Greg I use a whisker of damping fluid in my Triplaner/Lyra Delos combination.... works for me...
James yes Three Chords is super :-) Astral Weeks might be my bible but this is super tasty...
caught Savoy at an outdoor show in an apple orchard a couple of years ago....blistering set... 
@bdp24 ” spacegrass “ indeed... streaming it while I wait for sealed Discogs copy to arrive....
loving it
thanks for your post
@slaw all that free time !!!!!!! Better sound :-) love it. I am such a techno bass freak but there ain’t no subs to tune here in condo land....
I will say as a parting thought, this particular thread is my only reason for being here.... sad but true but also good

find focus

i know i will

nite all

Steve - I agree, that Natalie is very nice. We caught her live on that tour in San Francisco....a lovely eve.

My plan for Too Long in the Wasteland is drizzle some Basil Hayden in the cover for added “ soul “..... certainly an emotional connection to that disc....reminds me of David and David - Boomtown....
@slaw I think I checked her out on Tidal but will put into the must do !!!!! Pile
James
streaming Silje now
agree, varied but really enjoying Move Along Ruby

that song a bit reminiscent of RLJ - Pirates
Another artist of deep understanding in these dark times is Tracy Chapman ...