Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Uber,

While I never attended college, I did have plenty of opportunity to discover music. "2112" was/is a hell of a record!
@uberwaltz, (my brother)

I have that one!. That is THE Rush lp I grew up on, so to speak.....

I’ve been playing around with MyMats. I’ve sold 8 with no complaints.

My latest findings are, it’s important to have the lp playing surface, level to the spindle. With the washers I provide, and some user interest, this can be accomplished. It's best to use a weight...this set-up will give you the great bass response we all crave.

Frankly, two mats are superior to just one in any set-up.
@uberwaltz,

The best sounding version (EVER) of "Laid Back" is the AP.
Get it!
Sammy Johns. "S/T". Op

Would’ve been even greater had he not died so young.
Thanks to @boxer12,

I searched out a copy of It’s Immaterial "Life’s Hard and Then you Die". I’d never heard of the band before, only the title, which I’ve often heard used as a phrase. Anyway, it struck me and went to audition it on Amazon, then realized it just needed to be heard in person. My copy is a gold stamped promo on A&M...interestingly, when I was cleaning it, I held it to a light and it is translucent just like the early MOFI/JVC vinyl.

So, here we go...............
Actually uber, I think you have both? Around a year ago you asked members for the best "The Wall" lp, I responded and you posted a thank you. Now you have two MyMats. 

Re-listen brother.
Through all our diversity and different backgrounds..we've come together here to enjoy and honor the music.
The Wonderful...... Caroline Spence "Spades & Roses"

Wow! Caroline's voice is Soooo sweet now with two MyMats!
uber,

Although Kansas is one of my all time favorite bands, I just haven't kept up with them since their heyday.
Half way through "The Wall" Wow!..never heard it sound so good! Nothing at all in the way of the listener.
Jellyfish "Bellybutton"

This is the main band I thought of while listening. This band was in the next decade.
Wow! @boxer12,

The It's Immaterial record is a piece of recorded art! I love it! It's masterfully produced, recorded, written.
@bkeske,

I've been missing your posts brother!
My Morning Jacket "Circuital"      45rpm