For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

I need to actually investigate. I can’t, at the moment figure out what causes the stylus to stay parallel "in the groove" without the VTF pressure on the stylus being the mainstay that causes the rods to adjust to the stylus tracing a record groove.
I assume each channels wiring goes inside that particular channels arm tube, thus possibly eliminating noise?
boxer,

In order for the Vira to track like a linear arm, I assume both rods have a bearing on each end and as the cartridge traces a record, the rods actually move to adjust for tracing error? ..actually you already said that.

I noticed it looked similar to a Thales, but I'd never really investigated those arms.
In a while...Bob Dylan "Blood on the Tracks" RSD 2019. Just realized I'd never listened to it. Actually, I don't recall reading here of anyone elses' listening impressions?
The Cranberries "Everybody Else is Doing it, So Why Can't We" Analog Spark/2017
Traffic "When the Eagle Flies" from the excellent sounding The Studio Albums box set.
Blur "Modern Life is Rubbish"  Parlophone/2012
Boxer, that's an interesting design. Need to check it out further.
@big_greg,

I meant to +1 you on your "Heartbeat City" post.

I was actually thinking as to why I don't own the MFSL version?

Eric, Do you find your enjoyment of the lps you post about related In any way to the books you read?
Low "Ones and Sixes"

Didn't get around to listening to most of it last night because it never had been US cleaned....that has been rectified.
"Ones and Sixes" is IMO, a great record. I do realize this band is not everyone's cup o' tea. The SQ is EX and the last track has low bass man. Much lower than PF "DSOTM".
I’m not a jazz guy although the thought of becoming a jazz guy intrigues me. Here’s an lp I bought solely on a fellow members’ recommendation. Never auditioned it. Here goes....

Art Lande and Rubisa Patrol "Desert Marauders" ECM 1106/promo/1978/Germany
@reubent   

I think we had this conversation when "TSOW" came out. I still have not heard the original but I understand your position.
( Any interested parties, I just started an ad for MyMat on US Audio Mart that has a better description and a couple of pictures)
Thanks uber.

Just finished listening to Silver Jews "Bright Flight". SQ = EX, the song writing is superb, IMO, I absolutely love the tortured artist who actually makes perfect sense in their lyrics.
I am happy to have gotten in a few lps this week.....

Chicken Shack "O.K.Ken?"  OP/stereo/Blue Horizon
Silver Jews "American Water"  Drag City/Abbey Road half speed/Miles Showell
Silver Jews "Bright Flight" Drag City/mastered @ Abbey Road
Silver Jews "Tanglewood Numbers" 
Chicken Shack featured Christine Perfect (McVie). Although she had a nominal role here, the lp is somewhat of a rare one.
John Fullbright "Songs"

Ain't that a great title? (think about it....)

I know @spiritofradio and I had a good connection with artists like this.
Finishing another from last night...

Eric Clapton "Live in San Diego"  lp 3