Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

@bkeske,

Last time I listened to Sade, I ended up pulling them all out to listen consecutively. Enjoyed every minute of it.
My new to me copy of ZZ Top "Rio Grande Mud" needed to be flattened. As always, I put it through my cleaning ritual before it’s first play. After coming out of the ORB, i noticed a white/lithium grease like substance on the outer edge of one side. I immediately put it into the Vibrato. Checked it in 10 minutes, nothing changed. Went to my last resort/dirty little secret...lighter fluid. I know it’s a solvent and that makes it an enemy on plastic, but when you weigh the prospect of losing your monetary investment, it’s a last resort that works. The plus side is it takes a very little amount to work and it evaporates very quickly. A little rub around the perimeter and off tomorrow the Vibrato for an hour. (This has to be mold release compound.)

Playing now, flat, cleaner sounding than last evening, and all is right with my little world.
@bgross,

How do you like/compare RA "Live" to his studio work?

I was actually thinking about playing him last night.
Thanks @bgross, 

@6t5_gto,

Love more in depth comments from you brother.

@uberwaltz,

I need to delve deeper into Rainbow.

This is (hopefully) my star of the evening....

Sarah Jarosz "World on the Ground"

playing, producing, mixing is John Leventhal.
boxer, I saw that and hoped it would arrive by Christmas. I hope it brings you more enjoyment from your listening sessions!
@6t5_gto,

Looks like your a Mac fan. What attributes do you think draws you toward Mac?

Are you using the C-Sharp divided to both systems?
I own Heartbreaker on Cooking Vinyl, 1st pressing, I believe? SQ is awesome!
I get that aspect brother, regarding SQ,  I'm sure It would be a deciding factor as well. What sound qualities do the Mac gear make an emotional impact on you?
@6t5_gto,

You guys are serious! I mean, I thought I was in need of therapy....

I've never let one album destroy my love for another!

I've still, never heard Whiskeytown!

The Doobie Brothers "Cycles"

Well, I'm a huge Doobie Brothers fan. They will always have a place in my musical heart.

The first concert I witnessed was DB at Cameron Indoor Stadium/Duke University, Saw them again at Carowinds. Jeff "the Skunk" Baxter mooned the crowd at the end of that show. Glad I wasn't front row. Maybe his action, cemented his nickname "Skunk". 

Anyway, "Cycles" is a very good record, One that doesn't get any attention.
@uberwaltz, As for lp flattening products, I was one time a fan of Vinyl Flat with the original pouch. That they now use a cheaper,  basically, an off-shelf heating pad as their heating element for their pouch, I don't recommend it. It works, but requires a lot of attention for best results. I use an ORB Flattener. (I'm not home right now to give the model #). I've owned mine for over a year and it's a joy to use. I can provide more details on a PM if you're interested.
@boxer12,  That's a well thought-out review of your various mat impressions. I have to agree with your thoughts on MyMat. I had very similar findings on my two tt designs, one with an aluminum platter and one with a plastic platter. One of the advantages of MyMat is at only 1mm thick, it will work with an existing mat and make it sound better as well. 
@uberwaltz @tomic601

The model on the ORB is DF-01iA. I purchased mine through the then distributor who now, no longer carries it at a savings of around $600.00?
There are some important tips to using it that I can provide if you choose to buy one.
I was actually introduced to The Dixie Dregs by the same guy who introduced me to high-end audio. 

Hey, @6t5-gto ,  

Be nice to hear your comparisons of the current, great to los of great artists you now have, compared to originals. ?

Leslie West "Soundcheck" 2015/Provogue (this lp sounds much better than I remembered)
Just opened/cleaned my newly acquired Buddy Miles "A Message to the People" Mercury/OP

very open/dynamic!
Wow dude.........???    I guess the question is... How clean is the garage?

How’s "Colorado"?
spirit, My only Dixie Dregs lp is Dregs of the Earth" on Super Disk....not to shabby?
@spirit 

What happens upon her return?
Buddy Miller "Her Love & Other Lies"
@uberwaltz

Try the MyMat under the acrylic mat as well. Of coarse there is the option of the flat side of the MyMat and the other side which has hundreds of tiny, symmetrical raised "points", that IMO contribute to the MyMat’s effectiveness. I personally use the flat side to the platter. Enjoy!
@uber 

Most times it starts as a well needed hear. Then it morphs into a flow. That flow may not make any sense to outsiders.
@boxer12,

The"dimple side" also acts as teenie decoupling devices as well!!!
I take it for what it is and I find that cure's any ills I have with it.
@tomic601 

You sure do get around...especially in N.C.

My Pleasure ..Direct Disk Labs #SD 16622 (1980) Arista Records
Well I will attest to the superb SQ of The Bob Dylan (RSD) "Blood on the Tracks" "Test Pressing"

I had to flatten it