For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Hey boxer, I had pre-ordered 4 Silver Jews lps from Drag City....(2) are suppose to be on their way.
I own the OP, a Simply Vinyl pressing and this dbl/lp re-master and this 25th anniversary dbl/lp re-master is easily the better sounding version (Nirvana "MTV Unplugged in New York)
Well, I don't think it is a 1st pressing. It has a solid yellow label instead of a tri-colored label. It sounds better with phase inverted. Maybe, the OP was mono?
Tony Joe White "Polk Salad Annie" 50th Anniversary/12" Maxi-single/45 rpm/one side instrumental

TJW signed to Yep Roc a few years before his death. Apparently, he had recorded this prior and among others, it features a fellow named Robert Cray. This is limited to 500, I believe.
@boxer12,

He's "swamp" country. He is/was really one-of-a-kind, because there's never been anyone like him. I doubt there'll be another.
@tomic601 

I'm counting on it dude!
Nirvana "MTV Unplugged New York" 25th anniversary/dbl/lp
"wider grooves man"...
Hi @tomic601 ,

I waited until the last day to do my taxes, first time for that. I haven't heard from James.
Uber,

It's a toss up as to how much one likes her. I found myself liking it more this last session. I think "Metals" is sill my favorite by her. 
Dire Straits "Communique" MFSL/45rpm
(a biased mini-review)
This lp is on my all time favorite records of all time.
What can I say but...WOW! This one is KING!
Unlike the 'S/T" lp, everything is right here. This is how the recording process, the mastering process, the pressing process should be done!
Jackson Browne "The Load Out/Stay" 45rpm/maxi-single/1977

Tony Joe White "Polk Salad Annie"  45rpm/maxi-single/2019

@6t5_gto,

The reason I sold the MFSL "Permanent Waves" was it was inferior in SQ to my period pressing. Did you get your second system set up yet?
Eagles 'Their Greatest Hits '71 - '75"  remastered from original analog masters
Got these in today:

Fruit Bats "The Ruminant Band"
Sarah Jarosz  "World on the Ground"