Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Private Investigations ain’t....

fun

i shall listen at 45 rpm when condo and beach life subside....
@noromance so what’s the Final Cut pressing to own ?
just streamed it and loved it... not saying it will displace Animals as my fave.... but....
Charles Lloyd and the Marvels - I long to See You

the lead off track is Dylan’s Masters of War..

Perfectly suits my mood after Floyd - The Wall
Streaming The Who - Quadrophenia on Qobuzz- 96x24

sounding great - I believe Big Greg turned me on to existence of this version - thank you !!!!!
@reubent actually a decent part of my youth, worked summers there Junior and Senior year. Crazy fun, low wages, working w University chicks.....Concerts at Blossom.... connect the dots. My fave coaster - The Blue Streak.
The pressing quality on my reissue 2016 Animals is abysmal- it’s in the cull pile...

( PFRLP10 )

And YES welcome all the new posters and your contributions and comments- they are valued
41 knots = 47.2 mph, she hauls A$$

Tim and Steve - congrats on new gear !!!! Always fun.

glad to hear y’all having fun
@slaw “ my Maserati does 185 “ was my motto... I was headed up to Mid Ohio for a race in my SDHO Camaro and a black Quattroporte went by me in the rain at Mach 9....
We need to recruit more youngsters to this thread, nobody with aches and pains... remembering when I was invincible.....
uber not on Tidal or Qobuzz yet, today the list is : spotify, apple music, deezer and google play
can purchase at itunes store

suscribe to Junkies at Latent Recordings...
Playing some good stuff - most any Nautilus in good shape is super enjoyable, I own a few always looking for more...
The email I got from Timmons said Ghosts was intended to be released as a double “ mirror “ album w All that Reckoning. Ghosts was written after the death of their Mother. They have test pressings but can’t finish for now w virus. They also say no CD.
i am holding out for Tidal or Qobuz release to listen and hope we can preorder Vinyl soon
Tim - thanks for the music recommendation:-) available 96x24 on Qobuz  , perfect for rain lashed day on the coast
@mr_m
Some really diverse stuff in the mix... wow, how fun

sad any knowledge I have on fixing a Linear tracker would be around the Souther and it’s variants... the Kenwood is beyond me.

as for the paint - try the @slaw steamer trick - thermal expansion differential might pop the paint loose.... which Dead album is it ???
Heresy I know but Brian Salad at 96x24 on Qobuzz is a spectacular sonic landscape
Streaming stuff you guys are spinning: Gray and Pink, Snowgoose ( anybody ever read the book that inspired it ? ), Brain Salad....

A Trusting Soul - Record Review - Volume I:

This LP ( Coral CRL 57475 ) should be saved for a darkened room, candles, sound level on medium with a great cocktail in hand. Drag the loveseat and your better half into the “sweet spot”. Make her favorite drink, does she have pearls ?

Recorded over Mardi Gras 1964/1965 it has a hip  but very laid back feel. Bandleader Godfrey Hirsch ( vibes ) with NOLA standards a nod to Brazil, some swing and blues in the mix.

Sonics are excellent with quiet room ambience and separation without hyper sterility so often found in more modern multi-tracking efforts. I came away thinking the Lyra was a bit too analytical for this recording- it is probably better left to something more dynamic like the Decca of @noromance who recommend this fine disc. Enjoyable none the less and a “ keeper”.

Best

Enjoy the music

Jim 

Uber, adjusted for quantity of cartridges, you are at 4 rabbit holes and a hamster wheel - at least..

the discs headed your way are mono...
Clapton and Winwood singing :

” I am wasted and can’t find my way home “

and I  am freaking trapped at home...
I am actually a big fan of Brinkmann direct drive, the SOTA is a dalliance up North...

I am actually not very fluent in the idler wheel revolution, have heard them a bit but don’t discount that they have virtues
@spirit I don’t think so and Discogs not much help- her site does not run well on my iPad but I sent her an email asking about vinyl:-) will let ya know I learn
@noromance i have her on the server :-)

you missed my review of YOUR disc dude !!!
truth be told I have been bingeing on Antje Duvekot off my NAS...man she is sweet