For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

Stevie Wonder "Songs in the Key of Life"  OP/Tamala/(Collectors Edition/7"-45rpm/24 page booklet).
All the hype around "Abbey Road", has me cleaning my copies.

Capitol (Plum label) 
UK Blue Box lp
MFSL lp
Lastly... my Plum label "Abbey Road".

Well, whaddya know...It's plain to hear, this US/Capitol/Plum label is the winner! I always thought it sounded very good, but it's good to confirm.
On "Come Together" from the UK Blue Box, it’s obvious at how more open the sonics are as opposed to the MFSL lp. Having said that, the low level details aren't as promenet.
@uberwaltz,

IMO, if one has the feeling that "no more new records" are in one’s future...there needs to be an intervention. I can be there in 12 hours.
@tomic601 ,

Thanks brother. 
Now, is there a phrase for having learned something that makes one feel stupid????
@spiritofradio,  @tomic601,

Ya'll beat me to it! I had been thinking of Son Volt recently and just got in a couple titles I did not have. "Union" and while not truly a SV lp but close enough "Gob Iron" (first time on vinyl).
Upcoming..........

Amanda Shires "To The Sunset"
Son Volt "Notes of Blue"  my third copy...long story...
Son Volt "Union"
Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins "Rabbit Fur Coat"

when I first got this record, I couldn't keep it off my tt............
@6t5-gto,

I never knew the "Two Against Nature" (lp) was a thing, until today?
@tomic601 ,

I hope you have the Bernie Grundman/2 lp set. Worth it!

I think I found mine at Insound @ 60% off.
"To The Sunset" is a much better lp than I remembered....and I liked it before.
THE record I've been waiting to play,...

"Gob Iron"  "Death Songs for the Living"
Now..."Union"

After hearing side one of "Union", I can say the sonics are at least the equal of "NOB", most likely superior.
Lucinda Williams "West".    Saw her on this tour...first time I'd seen an artist rely on a song list w/lyrics. Very Nice!
@tomic601 ,

A couple years ago, I made it my mission to buy all of TJW lps. I must of been a bad influence as, sadly he passed away. I own that one brother!
@j_damon,

I had the same feeling from owning 3 OP copies. The AP version will make you a believer.
I put my copy on right now, brother. A solid 8.5. Gonna US clean it now.
Puttin’ on my freshly US cleaned and flattened Harris/Crowell "The Traveling Kind".

I bought a ton of records in 2018 and my US cleaner was out of the picture as well. So, while I pre-steamed them all, many were never US cleaned. Some catching up to do.

(I'll increase my rating of the above lp to close to a 9 now. This isn't a reference lp by any means but it is enjoyable.)