For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by slaw

FWIW: the differences I hear between the Boston lps....
"S/T"/Holland jacket/no bar code & "Don't Look Back"/w/bar code...
more lower bass frequency expression on  "DLB" and slightly less transparent. Otherwise, very similar.
Listened to side one and decided to take it off and US clean it and "Don't Look Back". Will listen later.
@tomic601 ,

I'm not familiar with "Infidels" but know that Mark Knopfler played on "John Wesley Harding"...which I love!
Boston "S/T" back on now. A very noticeable improvement. What I heard a while ago ( and always bothered me) on "More Than a Feeling" as being somewhat thin, is now absent. More body in the midrange w/ better bass definition.  

(I've been tweaking my cleaning solution which is helping)
Boston "S/T"  I just noticed on the rear jacket "Printed in Holland", I've had this for decades, never saw it before.
One other of the lps I've experimented with today is the Jesse Sykes "Like, Love & Lust...." It's been through my latest US cleaning, so damn'it, I'm gonna play it again. 
I hope you all aren't taking my posts as me being somehow superior or anything like that. I'm posting from my current status in this hobby to make aware to others what I'm hearing/finding. That's all. I love you all and enjoy hearing everyone's music.
Mine’s red. In my experience, if there are two label colors for one record, it determines either an original pressing vs a repressing or stereo vs mono. I may be wrong.
@uber,

Well, that wasn't as long a list as I suspected? I think I have 45% of them and I'm reminded by the list that I wanted to play some Alice today. I own that exact German pressing of Focus "At the Rainbow". Thanks buddy.
That one sounds tasty, @reubent. That lp was one of my very early major musical influences...probably the reason I own 3 or 4 copies.
@reubent,

I haven't compared all of my copies, but from my memory and what I've read here through the years, my Castle Recordings re-master/160 gr, is a very good sounding copy.
Nirvana "Nevermind"  MFSL. I rarely listened to this lp...putting it through my entire regimen.
Shelby Lynne & Allison Moorer "Not Dark Yet"
@uberwaltz,
My request wasn't meant to be a reason to judge, only as a fellow music lover who wanted to enjoy another's lot.
Made it through side one of "Nevermind". My feeling is that it's not too far off from "Unplugged , New York" .
The above (lp) is surprisingly good and of exceptionally great sound quality. A rarity, these days.
I'm cleaning the Focus lp. It has the tri-fold jacket with the center portion, holding the lp. 
See you on the flip side. I’ll probably be ready to take a nap by the time you start posting again.......

You weren’t  testing me, were you?
uber,
If you like Alice Cooper, seek out "Goes to Hell". It’s a sleeper (SQ= off the charts) and should be obtained at very low cost.
I never buy anything listed below VG+
@big_greg,

The AC/DC box I mentioned the other week......
I saw a sealed copy this week.....AC/DC Collection/2003 all studio lps through "Razors Edge" + Live lp list @ $1100.00 on sale @ $740.00.

WOW!
Grateful Dead "In The Dark".  My copy is a record club pressing, still, what a great sounding lp!
My copy of "Diver Down" is a Columbia House pressing. First time I've listened to it in around 35 years. SQ is fine, the soundstage doesn't extend past the center of the speakers though.

Up next Weezer "S/T" (blue) MFSL
@tomic601 ,

Thanks for the compliment. We're glad to have you here buddy.
@reubent ,

Glad you're enjoying  the lp now.
The Weezer lp is IMO, sonically underwhelming. I like the band though.

"Fallen Angel" is up next.

The first song sounds very much like Foghat.
Currently cleaning Uriah Heep "Wonderworld" and Van Halen "Diver Down". I don't think I've ever played "Wonderworld" before.

Welcome @dutchydog,

You reminded me that I wanted to listen to some Weezer this weekend.
I also have Uriah Heep "Fallen Angel"....I know I've played it before but really don't remember it. It will be cleaned later for a listen.
Both of the "Heep" lps I own that I mentioned earlier ...I'm 99% sure they are re-issues. "Wonderworld" was very enjoyable with 3 really good songs on it.

"Diver Down" is next.
"Fallen Angel" turned out to be a highly enjoyable lp! I'm going to post a note in my brain to search out an original pressing.
AC/DC "'74 Jailbreak"  from my 2003 (box) Collection. Mastered by George Marino from the original two track masters.....according to the hype sticker. It sounds great!