What's an upgrade from Ryan R610s?

I’ve owned my pair of Ryan R610s for several years now, and to be honest, I really like them. They’re a major bargain (or at least were when I bought them), and they’re very pleasant to listen to--extremely well balanced across their range of frequencies, never shrill but still deliver all the detail I could want. Great horizontal stereo image, though I don’t hear a lot of depth (this is very likely due to the way my room is arranged and it’s not flexible, unfortunately). So yes, I’ve really enjoyed these but now, mostly out of restlessness, I’m wondering what would be a step up from these? WAF precludes floor-standers so we have to confine our search to monitors, and I need to keep the price under the 3K level. Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Rest of the system: Modwright KWI 200 integrated, Cambridge Audio CXU universal player, REL S/2 sub, Sonnet Morpheus DAC/Hermes streamer. Wires from Audience, Morrow, and Cardas, Furman Elite 15PFI conditioner/Core Power DeepCore 1800 on a dedicated circuit.

cooper52

Showing 2 responses by nonoise

@jcoehler I recommended but don't think I highjacked his thread with my advocacy of the Atalante 3 as they would be a fine solution for his needs. Either way, I do plan on someday writing something up about them. Someday.

All the best,
Nonoise

I mistakenly thought your Ryan R610s were floor standers until I took a look. Bad on me. One speaker you should take a look at is the Revival Audio Atalante 3 monitors. I have a pair and am mightily impressed. You may even be able to forgo the sub as they are -3db @44Hz with even better in room response. They're hard to come by as they're the new kid on the block but they're not a flavor of the month fad. Here's a stock photo with some links to some early reviews:

Review #1, review #2 and review #3

All the best,
Nonoise