What's an upgrade from Ryan R610s?

I’ve owned my pair of Ryan R610s for several years now, and to be honest, I really like them. They’re a major bargain (or at least were when I bought them), and they’re very pleasant to listen to--extremely well balanced across their range of frequencies, never shrill but still deliver all the detail I could want. Great horizontal stereo image, though I don’t hear a lot of depth (this is very likely due to the way my room is arranged and it’s not flexible, unfortunately). So yes, I’ve really enjoyed these but now, mostly out of restlessness, I’m wondering what would be a step up from these? WAF precludes floor-standers so we have to confine our search to monitors, and I need to keep the price under the 3K level. Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Rest of the system: Modwright KWI 200 integrated, Cambridge Audio CXU universal player, REL S/2 sub, Sonnet Morpheus DAC/Hermes streamer. Wires from Audience, Morrow, and Cardas, Furman Elite 15PFI conditioner/Core Power DeepCore 1800 on a dedicated circuit.

cooper52

Showing 1 response by celtic66

I'm breaking my own rule by NOT answering the OP question.  I apologize for that rude behavior.  Your Ryan R610 speakers are terrific.  Keep them.  For less than the stated 3K you could markedly improve everything with instead replacing the Furman. And yes, I ran one for years in a great system, but....better can be had.

Replacing that with a Puritan 156 would light you up.  Keep your system.  You've really no idea what is lying beneath in attack, dynamics and sound stage.  Best of luck.  Cheers