What is the VERY BEST CD album you've ever heard?

Just like with records, I came across releases on CD that were never popular, but bring lots of interesting music and so I started collecting CDs that do have collectible value for the reason of a great and rare music presented.

So far album "Sauce Hollandaise" by Ashra is on my #1 desirable list

"Best Band You've Never Heard In Your Life" by Frank Zappa is my 2nd best CD I've ever heard. 

czarivey

My top two are Layla and the Allman Brothers Band Live at the Fillmore.  That is pretty much how I learned to play the guitar.

I also guess that Helter Skelter is a POP song.  LOL
So suggestions that I can relate to also.

Happy Listening

Hapy Listening.

If we are talking technically about “sound” and production, and not “our favorite “ then I would have to say the XRCD Version of “Warm Your Heart” by Aaron Neville. Beautiful recording and sound from the JVC XRCD process. 

I will posit that Paul Simon’s "Graceland" (Warner Bros. Records, 1986) is the best CD in my collection. Why? It is literally the very first CD I purchased, back in 1987. This was a big step, as it required the purchase of a CD player too! Expensive investment, for a college student. After a lifetime of vinyl, the allure of CDs was...well, you all remember.

Paul Simon composed/wrote/recorded much of "Graceland" in South Africa, drawing on the rich music traditions of Southern Africa, and using African musicians/bands. This was during the waning and violent times of apartheid, so the music really resonated with its global audience (to be fair, there was controversy over Paul’s decision to even go to S.A to record). Other tracks draw on Cajun and East Los Angeles musical input and influences. "Graceland" won several Grammys.

I still am drawn to the hauntingly beautiful tracks of "Graceland" for inexplicable emotional reasons.

The CD that warms my heart and shows off the revealing nature of my Maggies is Take Five by Dave Brubeck on SACD.  I would also add I agree with Live at the Fillmore as noted above.

Mine would be " The Wonderful Sound of Three Blind Mice " by the Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio  I bought this CD back in 1995 and just recently I thought I would buy another one for back up I eventually found one and at the time The selling price was $300!