What is the most FUN pair of speakers you've ever had and why?

Not the most expensive, not the best reviewed, not the biggest, but the most FUN.  You know, that ONE that just makes you throw on some more music and keep listening, the one that makes your toes tap, your head bob, your ass move the most.  The one that makes you think to yourself "damn, why doesn't everyone have a pair of these?" Let 'er rip. 
shtinkydog

Peavy Spiders about 40 years ago.   They were average PA speakers and we powered them with two Kenwood 40 watt amps.   We set them up in our barn and we were "stylin".  

The "Mermans" that I designed and built for under $1,500/pr with used drivers including JBL 2241H 18", JBL 2251J 9.5" and modified Great Heil.

They can play from a whisper to symphony/concert levels in a 5,000 cu ft room without compression/distortion.

Never have I heard a speaker with this level of detail and soundstage/imaging, and I wish that everyone could experience it.  The system (add an Oppo95 and Yamaha RX-Z9) was compared favorably against a $100,000+ system.  I find "Easter Eggs" like you can’t believe in just about every cut I listen to. THAT’S WHERE THE REAL FUN IS! Unfortunately, YouTube does not convey these attributes.

https://youtu.be/Rq1qn-FYqEo

After years of changing speakers, cables, DACs, etc I was in serious Hi-Fi burnout.
With a majority of my music being metal, prog, rock, or blues I think I was chasing my tail trying to find qualities in the recordings that just aren’t there.

With my free time extremely limited by family and work I decided to downgrade. I wanted something rugged that I could put in the room and that could workhorse for the next 20 years. A pair of “set-and-forget” speakers that just played music.

I took a gamble on a new pair of Klipsch LaScalas in July and I am having a lot of fun in the hobby again. I got some LTA tube gear and everything just sounds “right.”

Definitely the most fun I’ve had listening to music in my system in a while, even if it’s not the “best” sound I’ve ever had.

@kingdeezie I think a lot of us would love to have your downgrade "issue".  I love your story.  Congratulations!!

Revel Salon 2 speakers!!!  From top to bottom, the Revel Salon 2 speakers perform at such a high level of proficiency, they took me off the speaker merry-go-round.       Phenomenal speakers!!!