What High End AC Cables should Offer

90 degree plugs. 

90 Degree plugs are the answer to many problems with excessively large and heavy cables. 

Here's a 90 degree plug from Leviton as an example.  I'm not saying that you should hack your $3,000 Furutech cable, but that we should start asking manufacturers to offer 90 degree plug options.  Not only do they make it less likely to leverage a plug out of the socket (i.e. sag) but also huge space savers.   I can put my bass traps right up against one of these, no problem.  Can't do it at all with even a modest straight angle plug.

erik_squires

The ones I bought from Aliexpress is supposedly a Furutech knock of. At least it says Furutech on it, rhodium plated copper. 

They will take any size cable.  The only issue I had with them, is that the ground blade is about 1/8 inch too long,  and that makes it more difficult,  if not impossible to fully plug in to a receptacle. 

My handy moto tool took care of that on all of them.

@carlsbad2  Sorry to hear it, but I really can see why.  I mean, no where but in Audiophile land do we see such outrageous insulation used.

The place I use the Leviton however was on the end of a captive cable going to a Furman voltage regulator. Two other conditioners feed off that.

@allanblissett I try to avoid rhodium.  I find it too hard and too low conductivity to offer the best connection.  The hardness means it tends to stay slick instead of grip. 

Audio Envy offers them at both ends as an upgrade. I am a fan of Captains cables.  Great performance at amazing prices.

@tksteingraber 

See, that's what I'm talking about!  There's a lot less leverage on both ends.

If they let you customize the angle, you can plug two of the male ends into a single wall outlet.  I like the 45 degrees many power conditioners have settled on. 

They look pretty thick though, but that's probably why they can accommodate the huge cable thickness.