What are the best speakers for Mac MA252?

Under $2,500 including sub woofer (mono output).
wasab1
The Vandersteen 1ci looks attractive. It looks like a great entry-level speakers. It looks like designed with 8" woofer so wondering do I really need an additional subwoofer?
That's a very small room : I'd strongly advise against any Vandersteen : even the 1's need a lot of room around them to sound best.

I don't think any floor standing speaker is going to work great in that space.

I would really do a stand mount monitor in a somewhat near field set up, and supplement with a small sub.  I.e. The Focal 906 + maybe a JL Dominion D108 sub (8 inch).  The 906's are forward ported, so you don't have to worry about a rear port being to close up to a wall.  And the inverted dome tweeter has wide dispersion.  The 8" sub is plenty for that size room.  

That combo at retail will run you about $2200 if you get the Dark Walnut color 906's, which are on sale for $999.  
Thanks everyone for great advise. Based on various inputs, I've decided to go with bookshelfs rather than floor standing (my room is very small) with sub woofer. I will be starting auditions in several stereo stores. Thanks.
The best speakers, IMO, for the MA252 are GoldenEar Technology Tritons. Each speaker has a 1600 watt amplifier driving the bottom end. It frees up the amp since it is only running the ribbons and the mids.

It's a good decision of yours to go for bookshelfs your room is indeed very small for standmounters .Not sue you'll need a sub for such a small space before buying one try first without.