What are the best speakers for Mac MA252?

Under $2,500 including sub woofer (mono output).
wasab1
Agree on the Vandersteen 1ci but for subwoofer look at the Rythmik F12 as you can't used Vandersteen subs with the 252.  Both brand new you will be under your budget and even more if you go with a cheaper sub.  But if you do make sure it is sealed not ported. 
The Vandersteen 1ci looks attractive. It looks like a great entry-level speakers. It looks like designed with 8" woofer so wondering do I really need an additional subwoofer?
That's a very small room : I'd strongly advise against any Vandersteen : even the 1's need a lot of room around them to sound best.

I don't think any floor standing speaker is going to work great in that space.

I would really do a stand mount monitor in a somewhat near field set up, and supplement with a small sub.  I.e. The Focal 906 + maybe a JL Dominion D108 sub (8 inch).  The 906's are forward ported, so you don't have to worry about a rear port being to close up to a wall.  And the inverted dome tweeter has wide dispersion.  The 8" sub is plenty for that size room.  

That combo at retail will run you about $2200 if you get the Dark Walnut color 906's, which are on sale for $999.  
Thanks everyone for great advise. Based on various inputs, I've decided to go with bookshelfs rather than floor standing (my room is very small) with sub woofer. I will be starting auditions in several stereo stores. Thanks.
The best speakers, IMO, for the MA252 are GoldenEar Technology Tritons. Each speaker has a 1600 watt amplifier driving the bottom end. It frees up the amp since it is only running the ribbons and the mids.