What amplifiers should I consider ?

I am purchasing a set of Hales Revelation 3 speakers, and believe my Acurus DIA 100 MK II Integrated Amplifier is going to be somewhat "challenged." I intend to purchase a more powerful amplifier by Christmas, but am limited to a budget of perhaps $1500 US. Obviously, I will be looking used, but I am looking for opinions on what amplifiers to consider. Current thoughts include the PS Audio HCA-2, the Aragon 8008, and the Marsh A400S, but I am open to suggestion. Perhaps some Hales owners can give me feedback on what they are using and if they are happy with their current systems?
kberg373
Hales can sound edgy with electronics (in the worst sense of the word) that are same, though they are not necessarily that way. Careful with the 8008, don't know the others. Ayre and CJ are definitely the direction I would look.
RIGHT NOW ON AUDIOGON YOU CAN GET A PROCEED HPA-2 (MANUFACTURED BY MADRIGAL, WHO ALSO MAKE MARK LEVINSON) FOR UNDER $1700. I HAVE HEARD THIS AMP THROUGH THE HALES. THIS IS A GREAT COMBO. EXTREMELY WELL BUILT, TRUE DUAL-MONO DESIGN. POWER TO BURN, PLUS VERY SMOOTH. THESE SPEAKERS NEED POWER. 86DB (1 WATT AT 1 METER) SENSITIVITY. WELL WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY. ALSO RECOMMEND CJ MF2300/2300A. CAN PROBABLY FIND A LITTLE CHEAPER THAN PROCEED, BUT I THINK THE PROCEED IS A LITTLE BETTER AMP, JUST A LITTLE.I SAW A 2300 ON AUDIOGON ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO WITH AN ASKING PRICE OF $1295. CANT GO WRONG.
I would suggest a Musical Design amp,,,I think there is a used D-150 and D-140 for sale,,,,I have had these amps thru speakers similar to the Hales, and they match up very well...
Aragon 8008 is a great amp. You can get a mint condition 8008BB for under $1500.