Wharfedale Denton vs Diamond 225

I'm looking for a small pair of speakers in the $500 range and these two caught my eye. They are from the same manufacturer and sell for the same price. Anyone with any experience on their sonic differences?
128x128audiogabby

Showing 3 responses by wim1983

All Diamond series speakers sounded a bit unrefined for some music while the Denton clearly sound musical in almost every genre of music, the only thing that the Denton lack is dynamic if go to extreme volume, I would strongly suggest to get the Denton instead of Diamond series, currently I bought a Denton 85th from TAOBAO CHINA which actually solve the dynamic issue I’ve mentioned, but I’m not sure yet to conclude on overall music tonality, as it’s bad timing my Fostex HP-A3 DAC preamp is suddenly not working, I would need to wait for another DAC preamp (it’s Audisnt HUD MX2 or Fostex HP-A4) then only can test out the Denton 2 85th with power amp Class D Audio SDS-400C
@chrisr  Though I have to clarify that for some real great mastering records, the Denton still can play it 100% without compression. By the way, I'm curious what song you played sounded compressed when push to high volume, as this is very tricky to judge, the lack of dynamic of Denton 80 I described usually related to some extreme bass freq. which merely very very few recordings I listen, and the new Denton 2 85th definitely solve this dynamic limit with 6 inch woofer, it also look fatter and bigger, but yet to conclude that this woofer will affect bass elasticity, too stiff no good, too loose does not perform, the Denton 1 just nail it in terms of bass elasticity, e.g. play a track like Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers - Moanin' demonstrate that
@chrisr Denton 2 85th seem only available in China market, I'm not sure, could be a little a bit late for other countries official release, I'm keen to know how the track Moanin' perform on LS50 compare to Denton 1, hehe...and perhaps your other speakers too