Waversa, any views

Digital is getting ever more obscure: Waversa of South Korea is offering passive filters for Ethernet, USB and SP/DIF for more than $1000 a pop each. Has anybody tried them?
antigrunge2

Showing 1 response by mahler123

I haven’t heard it, so all I can do is ask questions.  I already thought that digital had a pretty low noise floor, which is a significant reason that I prefer it to analog.  I’ll never forget my first CD , a recording of Debussy Images For Orchestra (the dealer threw it in free with the CDP) and hearing the music suddenly emerge from what seemed like the infinite depth of Outer Space.  I was instantly hooked.
  I can see where such a device might be useful for Ethernet, because perhaps, somehow, some noise enters in the journey  from from the ISP to my streamer.  I don’t actually believe that, but I am allowing for a hypothetical.  I can also see where it benefit people who use PCs as streamers, because computers have been demonstrated to add audible noise.  However, streamers are dedicated computers that have been optimized for music playback and already do a lot to lower noise floor(s), so My prejudice would be that anyone with a decent streamer or reclocking DAC won’t notice any difference .
  As for value, let’s say such a filter benefits people who use PCs or a really inexpensive streamer.  The price of this tweak is close to the price of the PC itself.  Of course, if it really is worthwhile it may drop in price in a few years and be of greater value, and we all define value differently anyhow