Wall outlets

Hey everyone, don’t kill me I know it’s been talked about a bit. I’m am currently about to upgrade my wall outlet. Commercial vs Audio outlets. The general consensus is commercial hospital outlets would work but they can strip the coating off our nice power cables. I have talked a bit with @audphile1 on this matter. Furutech has my attention. I have considered upgrading my power cable to the Furutech DPS 4.1 cable and get a Furutech outlet with the same finish. A friend of mine is an electrician and has offered to install a new outlet behind my rack. He said I could pay with a case of beer. Haha. Sorry if I started a new 🔥🔥🔥. The forum is fun, there is far more knowledge here than we are going to find anywhere else IMO. Also I finally got my virtual system up for anyone to take a look. Thanks everyone

shtr74sims

To amend my earlier post, the outlets I have are the Furutech GTX-D NCF, not the regular GTX-D. 

Its possinle to damage your duplex inserting a poorly made cord end that cuts into the outlet blades.  Now the outlet blades cuts into new cord ends.  A 2 way street. 

I usually spec a Hubbell 5362 Industrial with heavy brass backstrap. 

Duplex have a sound like cords have a sound.  My belief is the platings as well as the base metal make a difference.   I guess the NCF from Furutech also impacts sound.  I don't really know.  

A good friend I trust also said Furutech NCF take 300 to 500 hours of breakin.  Seems excessive for me.  But people claim to experience it.  Not sure how you measure it.  Lots can change in 300 hour span.  

Tamper is a code requirement.  But so is using a listed and labeled cord with a NRTL stamp.  I don't know of any audiophile cords that meets that requirement.  If your likely to let your 3 year old climb behind your rack and play with cords, paperclips and screwdrivers then yes, use a tamper proof duplex.  

Following and very interested in hearing of your experience.

I've thought about getting a SR outlet....as I primarily use them for my cables, interconnects, tweeks, etc.....(why not, right?), but am open to Furutech.

I installed four of the Hubbell 5362 outlets last year but can't remember which ones.

There have been marathon discussions on Audiogon about this topic in the past. I think mine used high copper content brass. My power cables are all copper bladed AntiCables brand.

If you use brass or copper contacts then a periodic deoxidation with Deoxit will be necessary.

Hubbell 5362