WAF - Wife Acceptance Factor

Much has been written in these threads about the dreaded WAF, or wife acceptance factor. It usually entails making a compromise, or not getting that perfect speaker, or amp, or ... Well you get the picture.

But tell the truth guys. Haven't there been times when wifey actually helped?

In my case, I casually mentioned to my wife that the picture quality of my front projector would be much improved if I could better cotrol the light in the den. So what did she do?

She put up nice thick curtains. It not only blocks the light and makes the den like a cave, it also improves the diffuse surround sound field with the absorptive material. What a gal!

Would love to hear your stories. :o)
kinsekd
We just bought our first house and it came with a 20 x 20 family room. While my wife does poke fun at me for my predilections, she never complains. The deal was: I get the family room; she gets the rest of the house.

I have my 2 channel in one portion, the HT in another and she gets to decorate the rest of the home! It took 5 years of "observing" her tastes in decorating before I made the deal though...if there were to be any doilies, I would have had to come up with an alternative plan!

John
I've never had a problem with cats and tubes to get back to Viridian's point. But they do like to bake themselves in the heat of my KT88's.
I dunno... I think that maybe there should be a HAF (Husband Acceptance factor) debate too. Ive been trying to persuade my partner that he should move the TV into what is now our dining room so that what is now the 'living room'...or more accurately the 'fall asleep in front of the Tv room' could become my listening room...at 17x17 foot, it would mean that i could get the Quads Ive longed for that are just impossible in the 6x10 feet room Ive got at the moment. Still...he did help me make a new arm board from a lovely piece of purpleheart for my jeannantais'd Lenco so I should be grateful he's showing a bit of an interest really......and he's not got upset when I recently bought a Rega arm and new cartridge for my deck, so I'm not doing too badly really!
So Helen you guys work together and both have a passion for audio equipment and music, that must be cool!
My wife notices before me when my latest purchase gets past the 'burn-in' perion and startes sounding really good.

It is truly a mixed blessing that, while my wife can be very happy listening to a boom box, she also has better hearing than me and can come home, listen to my music and notice I just changed tubes.

Oh: advice to the 'youngers'. Insist on separate checking accounts. Never look into hers, so long as she contributes her part and does not go into debt.