VPI SSM lacking bite

Btw - phono stage is a ARC PH7 and pre is a Ref3, tonearm and i/c is LFD Silver Ref.

Just wondered if anyone has experience of an SSM / Phantom / Orpheus set-up before I go for it?

Thanks
sonickicks
Thanks for the feedback - I'm sure that the Graham will be the right step, so that'll be next, together with the ISOL-8 regenerator. I'll report when it's in and set up.

In the meantime - if anyone has run / is running a SSM with Phantom & Orpheus set-up, then I'd love to hear an opinion.

Lastly, has anyone tried a set of Finite Elemente Cerabases under an SSM?

By the way - the PH7 and VM220s all have EAT valves fitted - they don't make them for the Ref 3 at the moment. These added weight, body, dynamics, extension and clarity and were a good, if expensive, move for me.
I forgot to mention, I do have Cerabases I use elsewhere in system. IME, this is not the best way to go in aleviating the problems you have. Cerrabases tend to soften the sound just a bit compared to spikes and/or Aurios. I would go back to trying stock VPI spikes and/or trying brass spikes. Stanwal has previously mentioned having good luck with the Star Sound spikes, I plan on trying.
Sns

Thanks - I have the stock SSM metal spikes around so I'll give those a go, but I'm surprised re what you say on the Cerabases as I always had them down as tightening things up, especially under my speaker stands (PMC IB2s).
I agree they tighten thing up vs. other more compliant isolation schemes, I'm just saying relative to metal spikes and other ball bearing supports I've tried.

I also have trouble comprehending any sort of suspension/compliant device under mass loaded tts. You want to drain any minute vibrations away from tt. any compliant device introduces sympathetic movement back into tt, these asynchronous movements should smear/soften the sound (I hear this). I understand these sorts of devices decoupling from external vibrations, but they seem counterintuitive for draining internal vibrations. Still waiting to hear a good explanation for using these devices on mass loaded tts.
Dear Sonickicks: Do you still have the Roksan rig?, it could be interesting that you try it with the Orpheus and see what happen.

Btw, Insider-Orpheus two different performers, the Orpheus has no the " force " of the Insider.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.