Vibration isolation or absorption?

You see those pointy things at the bottom of a speaker that are very very sharp.  Arguably a weapon in the wrong hands.  And then you see those same pointy things inserted into a disk.

So the pointy things, aka ‘spikes’ , can Channel vibration elsewhere and away from the components and speakers, or they can isolate it.

Seems channeling vibration away from a component/ speaker, which I guess is absorption, is preferable.

Is this true? And why do they keep saying isolation.

emergingsoul

@audiopoint 

I looked at all the photos and I'm disappointed. So many members have done such a great job photographing and detailing out their systems and when I look at your pictures and info it's a huge letdown.

It looks to be a very impressive system but definitely warrants a more comfortable and informative overview

It works with some speakers, does not with the other. Same as what your speakers are connected to. So as it was already  pointed out, tuning is the key.

In my case a pair Focal 948 on spikes (spikes are built into the base) do sound different, and I would argue cleaner, then without spikes. Same goes for Paradigm Esprit-BP (from the 90's); especially the lower tones,  became more articulate and better pronounced. Same goes for Visaton La Belle that I built last year. Perhaps the change has to do with the height of the speaker (on the spikes is higher), but I kind of doubt it. With studio monitors JBL L90, adding spikes to the stands makes no difference whatsoever. So as I said, the key is in tuning. Goes without saying, your system has to be fine enough to make the difference obvious. 

Post removed 

There has already been a fererence to laws that govern ancillaries, that are adopted for use to manage a produced energy.

The effectiveness of managing produced energy and the perceived effects of it, by use of an ancillary is open to question, as most adopt a item, and it might at the best, in many cases being subjectively evaluated. This type of evaluation is the one all methods I have adopted over the years have been exposed to, for assessing their value as a addition.

The Law of the Universe is that energy can not be destroyed, Energy is constant and will always be passed on to form other forms of Transferal/Dissipation.

A Wave Gently rolling to the Shoreline, runs out of its typical 1000+ mile Journey, the energy contained now becomes a Breaker Wave, A Foam (sound) and moves Tons of Sand Particulate. These three immediate changes are how the Wave Transfers it contained energy.

In the use of HiFi equipment there are energies present, and typically the methods used to learn of the presence, is usually to attempt to detect how the sound being produced in a particular environment is being impacted on. This can be done by the ear only or by using Science and Tools to discover the presence of energy and produce a method to manage it.

There are numerous methods available to Transfer/Dissipate energies believed to being created. There are not many who have extensively tried the bulk of methods that can be adopted. It is possible that if a change is discovered as a result of adopting a ancillary, this will be maintained and investigation ceases.

From my experiences and having tried a selection of different structures and materials to produce the structures, a HiFi System and Speakers can show there are significant benefits to be had, when mounted on a Structure that is able to create the perception that certain frequencies are with a improved attraction, along with the

Details, Micro Details and Envelope having a increased presence during a replay.

Owned equipment can take on this improvement in presentation, if there is a discovery made of a method to support equipment in a particular environment. This might prove beneficial, as the idea of considering a costly upgrade for HiFi Devices, may be no longer required.

Experiences encountered have shown there is not a ubiquitous support structure to fix all systems/environments. There is a need to experiment, which will bring the rewards.