Vandersteen 5a - Setup help needed

Hello,

First of all let me apologize for my English as its not my first language and if something does not make sense, please let me know.

I recently heard pair of Vandersteen 5a playing Pink Floyd and was stunned by the sound. System was driven by Sound Research preamp/amp -  not sure about specifics. By pure coincidence I was on vacation in Florida and found a pair for SALE! I pulled the trigger without even thinking how it will work for me.

Here I am and have no idea how to make it work with what I have:

Arcam AVR850
MCintosh MA250 integrated amp
Cambridge Audio 851n

I tried reaching out to local dealer and Vandersteen and was told its not possible due to crossover situation. However Arcam Avr850 does have a preamp out and ability to connect power amp. I tried tech support and nothing so far...any help will be much appreciated. If what i have is not in any way compatible....what would be a budget configuration I could use? 

Thank you
olegus
Looked at your 386 page ARCAM manual, argh..
there is a software implemented filter ( section E-26 ) however no slope is specified and you must have 6db per octave to get the magnificent 5a subwoofer to work properly.

So I would NOT recommend that approach.

If you set your high pass filter wrong, you could do damage.  You have to know the output impedance of your amp....you then have to figure out the correct settings.   A great person to talk to is John at Audio Connection.
I sent email to Vandersteen support ( I think it was Richard who replied) and basically provided all of the equipment I have and asking which if any configuration can work. My McIntosh is 100% integrated it listed as one on McIntosh site and it says that on the front panel.

Yes, I do have this filter with RCA connections. I did not see anything in Arcam manual allowing me to do use software for high pass filter, but even if it did it would be to risky. He and you both pointed to possible damage if it does not work somehow.

Currently Arcam AVR850 is running with with P429 power amplifier. Basic atmos setup.  I see more pre amp out available and was thinking to add another amp and create zone2 which would use that instead of other stuff being connected. Zone2 theoretically will be 5a's

Also I have Cambridge 851n which is digital pre amp and there is 851w stereo amp available for it. That is another path I can take.

I asked if local Vandersteen dealer would provide setup and was told only for things I purchase from them....

I'm trying not to loose focus and get it to a finish line and with all this help I'm confident something great will come out. I did not see any setup videos and any links would very much appreciated.
@stringreen ,
Setting the High Pass filters to different settings will not damage anything.
The only result will be either too little or too much bass.
+1 on recommending John Rutan at Audioconnection.
Bob
Yes your zone 2 approach will work.

download and read the 5a manual

you must know the input impedence of the power amp you use for zone 2

that power amp must have rca inputs.

consult table on M5 filters to set dip switches inside each M5