VAC Renaissance Signature Mk V versus Allnic L-7000?

I currently have an all digital system, with an MSB Discrete DAC running direct to a Pass Labs 250.8, with Wilson Audio Sabrina X's.  Having read in several places that a good preamp would be better than the DAC direct to the amp, I have been contemplating putting a good tube preamp in to get better soundstage, realism etc.  I am going to audition the VAC in my system on Monday.  However, the Allnic seems to be a great and unique preamp as well, but I have no way to audition one. Any thoughts on how these two excellent preamps compare and might work in my system?

moto_man

Showing 1 response by rikkipuu

I started with a used L-3000 and had no urge to change until a deal came up to sell/trade a Denafrips Terminator and cash for a L-7000.  Wow, didn't know what I was missing, just better in every way and both were holographic.

Reading the reviews comparing the L-7000 with the L-8000DHT left me wanting and I recently sold the L-7000 and purchased a L-8000DHT new.  Same thing but more and hard to describe.   There is something special going on with Allnic you need to hear to appreciate.

When I sold the L-7000 there were a few for sale at the same time, mine had the constant impedance attenuator.  I had several low ball offers and then a flurry of solid offers, it sold in about a month.