Used tube preamp $2-3K

Scouting for an above mentioned preamp driving both 2a3 monos, UL/triode monos  and push pull monos. Plus two FW F3, F5 amps. DAC source 75%, CD 25%. Currently using an older Audio Mirror which may be a bottle neck. Current speakers are Coherent GR12 Sigs, Klipsch LS and Jubilee. Remote is a near must, dynamic with speed and detail and transparency. I find a nice CJ 17ls, a Coincident and even a much less expensive Schiit Freya+. The CJ seems highly touted and I like the relay based volume control vs the standard Alps wiper normally found. All insight appreciated, Thanks.

kckrs

@kckrs re: ‘And the need to have tube replacement done at the factory seems extreme’,  I’ve owned ARC amps and preamps for over 35 years. I’ve had no issues replacing my own tubes. 

Might want to consider a TVC, particularly if you do not need the additional amplification of a preamp.  Several advantages, likely discussed in other threads.

De Havilland Mercury 3 preamplifier

Kara Chaffee, designer,  sent me a new set of tubes.  I installed and well....great.  Still didn't like the bass.  A bit muddled for my tastes.  She then suggested  replacement of the rectifier tube.  Even sent me a link on eBay for it.  

NOS SYLVANIA JAN-CHS 5931 5U4G Rectifier Tube Triple Mica.  

She said she liked the tube.  Game changer for those with this preamplifier.  Addressed the bass issues and improved everything else.  Thank you Kara.

My experience with her piece.  Best of luck.