Upgraded amp for B&W 802d3

Hello, 
I am currently running my B&W 802d3 speakers with a Classe 2300 amp and  have been happy, but was thinking of going to the next level with higher wattage mono amps.    B&W speakers need power to sound their best., and many on this forum state they love McIntosh with B&W’s and speak highly of the MC 611.  Many say the amp has a warm and laid back signature which offsets the hot diamond tweeter.. Others say they prefer the Bryston 7b3 as they are more detailed and have a more “energized” signature as compared to McIntosh. Has anyone with B&W speakers that at one time used a Classe amp moved up to one of these amps?  If so , what improvement did you notice, if any?   I have a McIntosh dealer locally but the nearest Bryson dealer is 3 hours away and can’t compare them side by side.
128x128bwguy

Showing 1 response by vegasears

OP, I went the other way.  I have older B&W 801Series 3 speaker and I was driving them with VTL 300 Deluxe mono blocks.  I wanted to get away from tube amps.  I tried Classe CAM 350 mono block for 3 months. Really nice amps and a good friend loves them.  If you have a friend with High Powered Tube amps, give them a try.  Should take the edge off and with those sub's you have, you should have a warm presentation with deep solid bass.  Then again the MC611 with the C2700 pre would be sweet.