[UPGRADE] Sure T2024 amp (need more powaa!!)

Hello, 

I'm in the market for a more powerful amp. I'm the one who previously bought a custom tube amplifier from a shady artisan. Well, the tube amplifier still hums loudly and I returned it without refund. I got played like a fiddle. Life happens. In the meantime I'm using this 10W Sure T2024 amp (class D). It sounds great. I just want more power to listen to quieter mixes. 

Here's my current setup:

- Sure T2024 10W 8ohm amplifier

- Bluesound Node (DAC/Streamer)

- Rel T5X subwoofer

- Closer Acoustics OGY 91db 15W 8ohm

I emailed an online retailer in Europe and they suggested the SMSL DA-9. Seems good. It has a bunch of features I don't need like the balanced inputs and Bluetooth. I just plug everything into the Bluesound Node, so I just need 1 RCA input in the back of the amp. That said, the SMSL DA-9 has rave reviews and more Watts compared to other Infineon MA12070 amps. I have a bunch of questions:

- What's the point of having 2 MA12070 chips in one amp? Is it just the power and balanced input? Is 1 MA12070 good enough? And less prone to noise? Will the cheaper Sabaj A10A suffice? 

- Does the Aiyima A07 sound better/worse? Is the noise floor on the SMSL DA-9 lower? I only worry about noise floor now, since the tube amp was so bad. But my speakers show a very small noise floor when you put your ear close to the drivers with the Sure amp. 

- Should I just spend 300€ on a Cambridge Audio AXA25? Is the SMSL DA-9 better? 

I'm sure this is a question for ASR. But I'm permanently banned from their forums haha. 

Perhaps I'm rambling. Ultimately, my question is:

- What amp would you buy under 300€? 

128x128kokakolia

Showing 1 response by jasonbourne52

Cambridge AXA25! A long-established company with a reputation of building quality audio gear!