Upgrade questions: B&W N803 vs ML Ascent ?

I am ready to replace my Polk LS90 speakers which have served me well for 6 years. I am considering the N803 or the Ascents though I am not sure which one best serves my needs. Additionally, I am willing to consider other speakers. I listen to 40/60 music/movies. Listening prefenences include Bob Marley, Sarah Vaughn, Miles Davis, etc. My room size is 23x12 inches and the related components are as follows : Aragon Soundstage, bryston 4 BST, Aragon 8008x3, Anthem CD-1 and Audioquest cabling.

Any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
mcreight

Showing 2 responses by rcprince

If your listening room really is 23 x 12 inches, I'd suggest a true mini-monitor! :^) Assuming you meant feet, while I think the Avalons are the better overall speakers, the B&Ws are still quite good for your application, are going to be easier to place (the Avalons really like to be well out into a room to sound their best) and drive, may be a bit better for home theater dynamics, and you'll have an easier time matching them with other speakers for your home theater (I understand it's better to use speakers from the same manufacturer for the surrounds and center channel, and B&W makes a lot of them).
Forget what I said about Ascents, I'm an older generation guy and am used to thinking of the old Avalon Ascents when that name is mentioned, not the ML ones. I prefer the B&Ws to the MLs, because I still have a problem with the integration of the ML's stats and woofers, so my recommendation of the B&Ws stays intact. A very good speaker that does home theater well too.