Upgrade questions: B&W N803 vs ML Ascent ?

I am ready to replace my Polk LS90 speakers which have served me well for 6 years. I am considering the N803 or the Ascents though I am not sure which one best serves my needs. Additionally, I am willing to consider other speakers. I listen to 40/60 music/movies. Listening prefenences include Bob Marley, Sarah Vaughn, Miles Davis, etc. My room size is 23x12 inches and the related components are as follows : Aragon Soundstage, bryston 4 BST, Aragon 8008x3, Anthem CD-1 and Audioquest cabling.

Any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
mcreight

Showing 1 response by distortion

I had Polk LS50s sometime back and it was glorious going to B & W CDM-7NTs. I now have the 9NTs, FWIW. I can only imagine how the N803s will improve on the Polks.

I like my B & Ws alot. I Really like the N802s, I really really like Dynaudio's S5.4, and Silverline's Bolero. If you can, give 'em a listen.

Having said that, I have to agree with Brian, B & W does a great job with balancing HT and music. Not so sure about the others I listed. I know this. If I were building a theatre only/mostly setup, M & K would be very high on my list of speakers. They do msuic OK, by my ears of course, but they are great for movie soundtracks.

Sorry I am not familiar with the Ascents.

Good luck. I hope this helps.