Upgrade Niagara 1200 to 3000?

Hi, a little while ago, I bought a Niagara 1200 power conditioner, which made a useful improvement to the sound quality of my system.  Because of space constraints, the unit sits next to the rack, underneath a desk, upright on one of its short sides.  This would not work with the Niagara 3000.

I am considering buying the Niagara 3000 in the hope that a significant further improvement to the sound quality would occur.  However, this would be quite an enterprise, in that I would need a new shelf made for my rack.  The rack would then have to be taken apart completely and re-built.  Inserting the new shelf plus the Niagara would mean that the space above the power amp would be about 1" smaller than the space recommended by Bryston.
I was wondering if anyone has made this upgrade and what their findings were.  The system sounds pretty good at the moment, and I am reluctant to go ahead if it would result in only a marginal improvement.

paleo12
Post removed 
Thank you, that's really interesting.  The Niagara 1200 has two outlets for amplifiers.  My power amp (Bryston 4 BSST 2)is plugged into one of those.  I do not know how these sockets differ from the other sockets in the unit.  Maybe it is just a through pass?  I'll see if I can find out more on the Audioquest website.
From what you said, I am inclined to leave things as they are.  I don't feel the power amp is being choked at the moment.
I own the Niagara 7000, 1200 and a 1000.
I was really impressed with the sound quality achieved with plugging my mono block amps into the 7000 Transient Power Correction circuit. I'm not sure if the 3000 would have the same advantage.

ozzy