Update from Nordost Heimdall to Frey speaker cable

I am thinking of upgrading my speaker cables from Heimdall to Frey. I would like to hear from people who made the switch about if they found the upgrade worth it? What made the biggest difference etc etc? 
Thanks for your indulgence to my question. 

couger4u

You'll hear a difference because you expect to hear a difference but there really isn't any difference (except an even more exorbitant price). 

@roadcykler 

are you actually suggesting that there’s no difference (other than price) between any cables whatsoever? So, you can use the cheapest lamp cord (or even smaller gauge - no reason to waste copper) and you’re good to go for speaker cables?  

Same for $5 rca cables to connect preamp and amp?

I’m not trying to be snarky - though I get that you’re comfortable with that tone based on your response here and in other threads. I’m actually trying to determine the limit of your observation(s). If expensive cables make no difference, can you go with the lowest cost denominator?  And if not, then what might be the threshold for you?

There are easily measurable differences in conductance, inductance and capacitance among cables. Further - all cables are antennas of some sort - both broadcasting and receiving.

Claiming diminishing returns I understand and I’ll claim the same. However, claiming no difference just isn’t factually true. Differences between poor quality and good quality cables are plainly audible. Differences between two sets of quality cables will be less so, but still audible. 

Many here claim audiophiles exhibit confirmation bias. And, that’s understandable because it truly is a thing. I’m sure many of us (me included) have exhibited it. But the existence of confirmation bias does not mean that no differences exist. It means that we may be predisposed to like something. I’ll acknowledge that it may cause us to conclude we heard something not there, but I would counter that some differences are so easy to hear as to be obvious from another room - or to my wife walking in and asking “did you change something?” without foreknowledge. 

So, I’d politely suggest that if you really hold the view you do, fine, but it’s unnecessary for you to post in a thread where others are attempting to explore ways to improve their systems and are seeking well reasoned opinions from others who may have direct experience to share. I’d gather you do not fall in that camp.

Peace.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, but you can get loaners from cableco.com I have a full loom of Heimdall 2 but found a really good price on some used Frey 2 speaker cables so I snagged them. They sound great, I was replacing my last non Nordost cables (Synergistic Research speaker cables), so I don't have Heimdall to Frey comparison. I auditioned most of my cables using the cableco.com loaner program. Very helpjul.

mgrif104

"There are easily measurable differences in conductance, inductance and capacitance among cables."

Easily measurable? I do that in my lab but don’t find it easy at all. Those are the electrical characteristics of an audio cable along with impedance and propagation velocity VERY IMPORTANT. How do you measure your cables? Do you by any chance use a new audio precision analyzer?

roadcykler

"You’ll hear a difference because you expect to hear a difference but there really isn’t any difference (except an even more exorbitant price). "

I agree with you 100% thanks for the input.

@classicrockfan 

of course you’re right that because I don’t personally own the analyzer, the published results of companies like Shunyata and others are invalid. 

No, I don’t know how to do it, but it appears other companies do and it’s my understanding that electrical engineers understand these principles. And that they’re well understood.

I’m not sure what your purpose is in participating in audio forums that are for enthusiasts.