U.P.S., have you had any problems with them?

U.P.S., have you had any problems with them? We used UPS 3 x's in 1998 with 2 problems, and 1 time in 1999 with 1 problem. I don't even want to talk about 1989-1997 when we used UPS on an almost daily basis. Feedback needed.
hellohifi
FED EX is NOT more expensive than UPS. In many cases, they are less. If your comparing 1, 2, & 3 day FED EX to UPS ground, then wake up and start comparing apples with apples. Compare the FED EX 1, 2, & 3 day rates with UPS 1, 2, & 3 day rates. They will vary by +-5%.
Gee, someome is saying UPS is OK becuase they ship 100,000 packages a year with them? So what! Amazon probably ships well over a million books a year, but books aren't hifi, and that's what we have had a problem with when UPS is involved. UPS = regular damage problems with shipments. FED EX = almost no damage problems. DHL (for 1999) = no damage problems on anything we shipped with them. Hmm... Our shipping volume is increasing, but our problems our decreasing. When your in the hifi business, and have used ups a 1000s of times, you will have some actual experience to base your comments on, but until then....
I shipped a pair of Thiel 3.6 back to the manufacturere and they arrives DEMOLISHED! UPS did pay up for the damages but it took a while and lots of calls. I have received other large heavy pkgs without mishap.
havent had much problem, here in sylmar is a ups office, never have to wait in line long like in van nuys. its safe here to leave pkgs on the porch and they will. every time fedex comes to his door, they tap so lightly on his door and so briefly, that he usually has to go after the pkg at their ofc. aon the other hand, once ups misses you with a pkg that they don t leave, you cant retrieve it at the end of the day...mixt baG ID say. hey, ever follow a a fedes truck down the street? u could get a speeding tkt that way!
No UPS has been great, shipped and recieved over 100 items never a single problem. At my UPS station they ask to open box to review packing. Very good experiences. cant understand the problem, matbe its they way other people package items?