Tyler Acoustic vs. Paradigm

I am considering a set of Tyler Acoustic Taylo Ref. or Paradigm Studio 40. Close to same $$ and size. Any opinions on these?
gretsch6120
Listen to Gmood1.
1. With the Tylers, your getting a beautifully hand crafted speaker, which contain the highest quality parts, made personally by one of the good guys in audio.
2. Your supporting a small business based in Kentucky.
3.You'll be dealing personally with the owner of the business, and builder of your speaker.
4. If you call Ty he'd be happy to discuss your needs with you.
5. He'll take the speakers back if you don't like them.
Is there a down side here?

Just curious - Do you get any of this with Paradigm? hmmm.

Yes I own a pair of Linbrook Signatures and a pair of the little Freedom F-1. Both are superb at what they are designed to do.

I might even buy your used Taylos if you don't like them. Pick a nice finish, please. :-)

best
paul
Paradigm are Tyler Acoustic are completely different animal. It's like a Toyota Camry vs. a Jaguar. One is for the mass market and one is more hand crafted and specialized to a small niche in the market.

I once heard a pair of Paradigm studio driven by a Yamaha reciever and the treble sounded like a thousand of metal blade clashing at each others all at once. If you like listening to treble instead of music then go for the Paradigm. But seriously I don't think I've heard a pair of speaker that have such an cocky and junvenile sounding treble (because it reminds me of those loud boom box in the school yards) than that of a pair of Paradigm.
My friend has Tyler Acoustic Ref monitor speakers and they are great sounding and a phenomenal value. He is a full time musician (harpsichord). If you are one of the few people who do not like the Tylers, then you can return them in 20 days for a refund. I doubt you will return them.

R.
Sorry I've never been impressed with Paradigm's speakers. Heard many if not all of their models in a variety of setups and they just leave me uninspired. There are a wide range of speakers in this price range that are vastly superior to Paradigm's offerings.
I have owned both and still have the Tyler Taylo Ref Monitors.

Tyler-
beautiful cabinets
excellent parts/construction
incredible imaging
excellent detail
work well with tubes or SS
outstanding service/support

Paradigm-
uh-lots of dealers

Seriously, we are talking diamonds vs. zirconia