Turntable recommendation

My wife and I are looking into getting a turntable. It would get light use as we mostly stream music via Qobuz. Current system is Bluesound Node, Yamaha CD-S303, Schiit Saga+, Schiit Vidar,  NSMT Chorus 25 speakers and NSMT EXP15 sub. We do not have a record collection as of yet. Based on current gear and the fact that it will get light use. What makes sense? The $379 Yamaha CD player gets light use as well. Seems like a reasonable place to start budget-wise unless its all junk at this price point. 

njwvista

Showing 1 response by deadhead1000

Under $500 is not worth it, closer to $1K to start in my opinion. I'd suggest one of the Rega models also, multiple price ranges, they can come complete with a decent cartridge, so no fiddling with set up. Their whole line gets great reviews. Easy to resell if you get into serious record playing/collecting, it's also a good match for your current system or even if you upgrade a bit. 

I would agree that most of the Technics tables are a good choice also. I have owned them in the past. I own a small record collection (100 new and used) and own a Rega P6 with their installed cartridge. 

I disagree with those discouraging you. True, you may not use it much, I use my table maybe 2-3 times a week, but enjoy spinning and buying albums none-the-less.