Turntable prices. Is my mind going?

Stereophiles Recommended components offerings at $300,000 Plus!  And weights of many hundreds of pounds? Is quality now by the pound? Audiphools exist- just like Saquatch.

ptss

sounds cool, thanks @tomic601 ! Looking forward to it!

The La Jolla Concours d’Elegance  is coming up, which is also a great mix of cars... 

@helomech I know several sets of fossil ears that are way more sensitive than juvenile examples. It may be the monitoring device that counts.

@grislybutter I drove a 355. Wonderful driver. You have to change the timing belts every 10,000 miles. That is an engine out service costing $15,000 at last count. 

@tomic601 Are you suggesting that older 911's are "soulless"? New ones are definitely headed in that direction but nobody I know would characterize and old 911 that way. They reek of soul. They are just a few steps away from a VW Bug which is the most soulful car ever made. 

I'm going to come to the rescue of a few of the ideologues here. Rule of thumb: if you can't find the engineering mistake, don't criticize it until you hear it.

Post 1974 911s were awful and slow due to US emissions controls. Mid to late 80s SC models were ok but certainly not very fast. The 964 finally recapitulated the great late 60s/early 70s cars.