Tung-Sol kt170 tube started glowing brighter

I installed 8 Tong-Sol kt170 tubes in my Sonic Frontier Power 2 amp. One tube started glowing a bright orange, yellow at the lower portion. I hear no sound interference. Should I replace it? If so, replace paired, right channel quad or all eight for matching purposes? I did swap the tube into different socket and it is the tube.

128x128kitegod

Showing 4 responses by kitegod

The designer said the KT170 tubes would work. They are a new tube to the market. These were brand new and played for 50 hours for this to happen. Of course I biased the tubes. I’m pulling the amp and placing my solid state Arye amp back in. I’m almost positive I’ll go back to KT150 tubes. I don’t hear the prat that I got when I had KT150 tubes installed. They needed replaced, hence here I am.

I don't know tubes to this extent. This is why I posted. I do know that a repair of the amp is forever and $$ so I'm reaching out for help.

Yes, the tube was moved and I can confirm it is the tube. My question is about matching and all the numbers that that go with that. I moved the tube, I biased all tubes and googled a lot. Can I replace the one tube I buy to replace the bad tube and bias the 8 tubes over again and be where I should be at a great result?