Tubed preamp with Krell KSA 150 amp?

I am planning on selling my Audio Research LS3b (ss) pre and trying a tubed pre, possibly a BAT, Aesthetix,modwright, etc.
Any input would be appreciated...I have heard/read that some of the Krell amps need to be tweaked (dc?) to be compatible with a tubed pre.
Thanks,
pjnad
pjnad
An ARC REF3 will sound spectacular with your Krell amp. That is what I'm running now.
Thanks for the above input all...
I was hoping that someone has some direct experience with using tubes with the Krell, as I wrote in my previous post, I understand that there might be a compatibility issue.
I have used a tube preamp (Audioprism Mantissa) with the Krell Ksa-250 a few years back......outstanding sound.

(DC leak?).....depends on the preamp? Older BAT preamps are known to give the old Krells problems (DC).......do a search.

Dave
Sgr,
a bit out of my price range...but I'm sure that it would. Did you have any issues mating tubes with your krell 250's?
All I've used with my Krell KSA100s, FPB300 and FPB600 are tube preamps and never had any problems. The only issue I encountered is some tube preamp output impedance is too high and as a result, sound is dull and lacking LF/HF.

If you like MW, Dan is having a LS 100 preamp tour so you can audition before purchase. I think it's 6sn7 base so lots of tube rolling options. You can get more info on AC. Also there are several MW 36.5 on Agon that are reasonably priced.
I have not experienced any problems with tubes and Krells. They seem to work great together.
"Knghifi
All I've used with my Krell KSA100s, FPB300 and FPB600 are tube preamps and never had any problems. The only issue I encountered is some tube preamp output impedance is too high and as a result, sound is dull and lacking LF/HF."

what # would that be? I am looking at a modwright now (swl 9.ose signature) and I believe that the output is at 600 ohms...
thanks,
paul