Tube amps under $7500

Ready to experiment with combinations never before (or not recently) tried. Step one requires a tube amp. Now looking at Prima Luna EVO 400 which sells for 5K. Any other tube amps I should consider in this price/feature range? Must come in silver with balanced input. For pairing experimentally with various tube and SS preamps. Efficient 4 ohm Legacy speakers (and the room/setup) are the constants.

hickamore

@maxdukecapone Thank you for the mention! I wanted to add that any of my amplifiers can be fitted with fully balanced differential inputs at a modest upcharge (the cost of the Jensen input transformers and Neutrik XLR jacks). Additionally, I can also finish the chassis in a thin hardwood painted silver to mimic a silver metal chassis at no additional cost. Best regards, Aric

hickamore

++1 for Aric Audio, and funny I just asked Aric about XLR inputs for a friend that is going to buy one of his amps.

Aric makes 2 300B amps, a 2A3 amp, a Transcend EL34 "Push Pull" (What I own) a EL34/KT88/120/150 single ended, and Super KT EL34/KT88/KT120/KT150 monoblocks. All of them come standard with RCA single ended, but can be upgraded to XLR for a $300 upgrade.

All of Aric's stuff is hand wired, can be customized, and uses ridiculously high quality components. Give him a call, he's a great guy to talk to, and makes amazing equipment. I also own his Motherlode XL preamp, and will be buying one of his 300B amps in the fall

+++1 I own the Aric Audio Super preamp and Transcend amplifier. I encourage you to talk to Aric Kimball. 

Post removed 

If the requirement for balanced design limits choices to much, I would ditch that criterion.  There are MUCH more important things at play than the relatively trivial advantage of balanced design.  You do need to somehow hear various amps and make a choice entirely on the sound, not on any specific design choice, topology, type of tube utilized, etc.  There are a number of suggestions made above that are based on sound and disregarding your balanced criterion that you should use to make your target list. 

Way back in this thread, a dealer who sells Legacy mentioned the Synthesis amps he also sells. If you can, you should get to hear their amps even if the black color is out of the question because their amps are great examples of warm sounding tube gear that is also punchy, alive, dynamic, and clear sounding all at the same time.  That will set a tough to beat mark, but, I think you will agree it is a worthy standard; I have not met anyone who has heard their amps that did not like the sound a lot.  I know someone who traded in two month old $60k amps for a pair of their $18k monoblocs.  I like the monoblocs, but they are really only slightly better than their $8500 integrated amp that includes a fantastic DAC.  Some pretty exotic DACs have been traded in for Synthesis DACs; they do know how to make those things well too.