Transport Recommendations

Hi All: I am looking for recommendations for a CD transport under 2K. I prefer new. and am considering ProJect, Audiolab, Schitt, and Primare - your thoughts? Any brands I may be missing? Thanks!

gnoworyta

@tweak1, yeah I got the Shanling ET3 to pair with the my new:

Eversolo DMP- A8 Music Streamer, DAP, DAC, Preamp, 4GDDR4 + 64GeMMC AK4191EQ + AK4499EX, ARC Input, IIS Output, UV Meters, Spectrums, Parametric EQ,Pre AMP + 10dB Analog gain, DSD512 PCM768kHz/32bit.

I like the idea of having 'HiFi' with 'MidFi' prices, good bang for the buck or very good price/performance ratio. 

I've had a NuPrime CDT-8 Pro for just over a year. Thus far, it has worked without any problems and the sound quality is probably the best I've had in digital. I'm using it with a Micromega MyDac connected via an Audioquest Coffee S/PDIF. It also has a sampling rate converter which allows you to tweak the sound. In my instance, the 88.2KHz seems to be best. You may want to read some reviews on it and see if it might be a good fit for you. Sound is very detailed and seems to reflect what is on the recording. In conjunction with everything else, I'm getting a deep/broad soundstage with excellent imaging. Even with a modestly priced DAC it performs very well.

I upgraded my Arcam CD73t to an Audiolab 9000cdt and couldn't be happier.  I'm still shocked by how much better all my cds sound than the through the Arcam with the same DAC (Pro-ject RS2).  The instruments sound way more real and separated - also much better soundstage.  Overall just sounds more like live music as opposed to reproduction.