Townshend Pods under TT Don’t Do

Greetings,
well with all the talk about how great the Townshend Pods are I decided to try a set of Pods under my TT. I found out the hard way, Don’t do this. I have a good TT on a good rack and it sounds very good. With the Pods I had to sneak up on my TT to change the VTA or to que it up. It would start shaking with the lightest of touch. I bought the correct Pods for the weight of my TT. The Pods didn’t harm the sound but didn’t improve the sound either. I will use the Pods under one of my pre amps for now. I can maybe say they might work under equipment but don’t suggest you use them under a TT.
‘I was very disappointed in the results. Maybe your results will be different.
‘Respectfully 
Joe
128x128joenies

Showing 4 responses by tomic601

Concrete ain’t what it used to be. The building where B2 wings were assembled was adjacent to a Tidal influenced brackish river… Slabs under the major jigs 3’ thick. Had to be careful to check the tide chart before drilling the front spar….

Of course, we were not using tape measures…Leica laser trackers for the Luddites.

Big stuff moves…

Thats why for small stuff Minus K exists, HRS, Symposium

Sounds like Symposium rack is doing it’s job.
Joe - with the Oracle / ET combo you are most likely a zen master. Did you by chance know Brooks Berdan ? His Oracle mods famous. I bet you have a great system and a discerning ear :-)

Best to you.

Jim
Joe - super good call on Symposium, the real deal for sure. Always solid engineering.
I have three TT, SOTA Sapphire with engineered in suspended from springs subchassis. Brinkmann Bardo on an HRS ( Harmonic Resolution Systems ) base that includes many technologies including springs..

And even a vintage B and O TX with internal springs lauded by Lederman of Soundsmith fame… 

Enjoy the journey and the music !

Jim