Total spent on music vs equipment?

I estimate I have about $8K in audio equipment and just over $20K in LP's/CD's/downloaded files.

How about you all?
byegolly
wow, I'm in the minority. I started on the gear about 4 yrs ago (mostly HT then) and evolved into more music oriented.

prob only 10k in music, out 3 times that in gear
That is hard to say. I have kept 99% of my software, but turned over a lot of gear. Thanks for reminding me.
i have more invested in music than gear although its very close,im at $6.5k for gear and $7.5k for music
Easy. Gear, room, media. I never apologize for putting the vast amount of my resources into the rig and room. I wouldn't have the experience I do when listening if I'd not focused on the goal of the best musical reproduction I can afford.

I feel justified for not having spent tens of thousands on media; for $12.95/mo I have the world of music through the rig I poured my capital into.

Many are the audiophiles who have blown far too much on lousy media they never listen to, who would have a far more enjoyable experience had they put that money to work on the development of the system.
968 CD's
209 LP's
many music downloads from .99 to 4.99

My guesstimate may be off a bit (o:

I'm guessing my average cost per CD is higher than $15 because I have many, many high quality CD's that bump the average up.

Soon enough myself and everyone other disc buyer will have a pile of plastic that will fetch pennies on the dollar at flea markets as another format will be undoubtedly be the new standard of the day - and I don't mean FLAC, etc.

..and so it goes.