Time to move UP, speaker-wise...

My vandersteen 2ci’s dropped dead after a couple decades of sweet service. Over the past year, I’ve had mixed success with a pair of reference premier Klipsch speakers, but now I’m wanting something a far more subtle, perhaps a touch more sweet, and definitely able to reveal more sound-field information. Perhaps I’m being redundant... I’ve been intrigued by the open baffle concept and I’ve read some reviews on Spatial Audio products as well as Tekton’s open baffle offering. There are fans of the spatial, and then I discovered there are people that are blown away by the Tekton open baffle design. Tekton is also running a special on the Electron SE @$3000, which I feel inclined to try... Another area of interest is the Ohm speaker lineup... can any of you speak to them, and particularly how they compare to Klipsch Heritage speakers, or open baffle designs, or Tekton's...?

I have to say, I’m die-hard for the musical information, for the layers of musical fabric. Wolf_garcia claims the heresy III is the best $1500 he ever spent, in a discussion addressing open-baffle designs, among others, and so I’m wondering where to put my bills... What should I check out? It’s time to move up. I’m thinking $3300 is about my limit... I’m running 80 watts per channel from the nuforce sta200, a schitt saga pre, Cambridge transport.
listening99
If you can spare time, then you may consider attending Axpona 2020 to listen to various speakers yourself.

https://www.axpona.com/register.asp

I made a registration for it two hours ago.

Thomas
I am a Spatial Audio X3 owner and I couldn’t be happier.  And the advice about visiting the Spatial forum on AC is a good idea. Lots of information if you are interested.

Oz 

Is there anywhere you can audition Golden Ear speakers? IMHO, they outshine many more expensive speakers. In any case, you really should listen before you buy.
Agree with ncarv983, listen to all prospective speakers. The perfect speaker is what sounds best to your ears when driven by equipment similar to yours.
Goldenear, lots of speaker for the money, I have the Triton 2s, very pleased.  Tube amp and preamp...