Thumbs up to Cary Audio Service

I needed minor service performed on my Cary Audio SLP-05 power supply.  The voltage meter light began to flicker.  Living in Charlotte, I decided not to ship and working with Steve was able to arrange a date and time to swing by to have it fixed.   They worked around my availability and fixed it basically while I waited.  No charge, no shipping and just a few hours of driving.   They were very accommodating and pleasant to work with.  Thanks Steve and the techs at Cary Audio! 

testrun

I have and have had many Cary products over the years and when problems occur their support is always top shelf.

Great News. I have been trying to contact Cary by email to help me with my vintage WE300BSE monoblocks and SLP-98P preamplifier. So far without responses. These have been returned for servicing only twice over the last couple decades, one when the housekeeper damaged the bat-wing switches on one amp and the other time when a high-end CD player crashed and sent digital utrasonic nasties through the system and blew out a midrange driver. In recent days, I heard a rapid low-level ticking sound in one chennel (MidRange horn) and a few days later in the other speaker. The sound is low and masked by music, but I can hear it when I stand near the speakers. I have swapped the 6sn7 tubes on both amps and preamp. I use a Steelhead phono preamp rather than the SLP-98 phono preamp. I can not stop by Cary.  I live in St. Louis MO. Suggestions Please.

@heart_sounds , a few years ago I was having an issue with my Cary V-12. I tryed to call tech support on the phone, but they told me they no longer offer telephone tech support and to email them. I sent more than one email asking for troubleshooting hints and getting a reply was like pulling teeth. Finally they did reply and basically told me what their shop rates for work was and to ship them the amp. I actually wound up seeking assistance on another audio forum and a helpful and patient member there helped me troubleshoot it to a bad capacitor which I replaced myself.

Compared to the Dennis Had days of Cary Audio Design, the customer service I experienced from them was miserable. I’d say to continue emailing them as they may get bored and respond to you sooner or later.

I am sorry to learn this. It is what has been happeing to me so far.

Yes, I had a great nut infrequent relationship with Dennis Had. I will keep emailing but I will try to find an independent repair person who specializes in these types of amps. Fortunately, these amps and the preamp are silver point-to-point wired. I thought it might be relay causing the issue, given the ticking sound but it could easily be something else. Thanks for the kind response. I love the amps and preamp; They are like family and are perfect for my 105+ dB, 16 Ohm horns.