Thoughts and perceptions on the sound quality of Accuphase Digital Products

Hello Audiogoners - and I have a quick question that came up in a recent conversation I had with a dealer as well as with a friend of mine. High End single box CD / SACD players are seen as being limited these days due to the increase in  streaming, but companies such as  Esoteric, DCS and possibly Vitus to just name a few are still making and developing this technology. My question is ; '' where does Accuphase stand on this subject,,,,, '' Do we look at Accuphase as being a leader in the making and development of high end single box CD / SACD players '' ? I read where for their 50th Anniversary they came out with the DC / DP 1000 separates which is CD / SACD player that is supposed to be really, really good. ( but, at a price )  The DP 750 received great reviews and just came out with the newer version the DP 770. 

I owned the Accuphase DP 720 at one time and it was a very musical player and yet detailed at the same time. Also, Accuphase has lowered their prices here in the US due to somewhat of a change in their distribution here and hopefully it will gain some better traction in sales and at a better price than before. With that said, and being very familiar with Accuphase products ; '' is it time to look at Accuphase Digital products seriously and consider them just as good or even better than the Esoteric , DCS players that are out there now '' ........your thoughts and thank you in advance.  

garebear

When discussing Accuphase and Esoteric cd players, should one not also add Luxman to the list of excellent Japanese brands?  The Luxman D-10x and D-07x look promising.

@jafant : Sorry, I missed your question. It's a long (at least 2.5m I think) DIY OFC copper cable I have received as a gift. I installed the connectors myself: a Furutech FI-38 (G) schuko plug and a Furutech FI-11 (Cu) IEC plug.

I am the OP on this thread that is now almost 5 months old. I originally ordered the Esoteric Grandioso K-1x SE after much discussion back in the first week in  December. Well it seems that there is still distribution issues with Esoteric here in the US from what I was told and after waiting nearly 4 months decided to go with Accuphase. I will first note that my entire system which consists of a power conditioner, amp, pre-amp are all Accuphase but liked the addition of the Esoteric Grandioso K1x to that system. I sold the current Grandioso to move up to the SE edition and thought the transaction and or purchase would have been easy but as I noted it was not. 

Now the Esoteric and Accuphase CD players are both good but just present music in a different way. I wanted to go with the new Esoteric but with the problems noted I went with the Accuphase separates ; DC and DP 1000. They were a little more than what I wanted to spend but now I am really glad that things happened the way they did. I was familiar with Accuphase digital which was why I started this thread but my goodness these pieces are pure music magic to my ears and beautiful as all Accuphase products are to look at. Sonically just right, dead spot on as far as being detailed in a way that is just musical but presents the music is such an engaging but never fatiguing fashion. They were well worth the trouble I had to go through to get to this point. So to answer my own question...... Acuuphase digital products are a tour de force and should be listened to. Just my opinion.....