Thinking of Downsizing

I don’t listen to my system as often as I used to, but don’t want to completely get rid of it. Frankly I could use the funds that the sale would offer and am thinking of replacing some of it with more value priced options. I do enjoy my vinyl collection and would like to keep it and my turntable.

The pieces I’m thinking of replacing are a pair of Bower & Wilkins 805 D3, McIntosh  MA6700 and a REL SHO S5.

I’ve looked at the Marantz PM 8006 amp as a possibility, but would like to pair it with some small footprint bookshelf speakers, at a cost of no more then $1000 a pair.

Any comments or suggestions?

Scott

sricha20530

Showing 5 responses by sricha20530

Just to clarify, I’m thinking of about $2500 for the receiver and speakers. The small footprint is because of the Wife factor. I’ve found myself listening only once or twice a month and have noticed some hearing loss as I age. Thanks to everyone for the comments.

I have seen the B&W 600 series Anniversary and will check out Klipsch.

Well after listening to a few speakers, I’ve purchased my replacements for my 805 D3’s. I ordered a pair of KEF LS50’s. A little above my budget, but I enjoyed the sound and the Wife should be happy with their appearance. I may keep my Rel sub or sell it and buy a smaller one. Not to figure out how to sell locally, I’d prefer not to ship.

At the time, almost 7 years ago, we had purchased a new Home of 4,000 sq ft. With a man cave. It was a trade off, I got to buy whatever stereo I wanted and she could buy new furnishings for the Home. We downsized into 1,600 sq. ft almost 2 years ago, but yes, she has never warmed to my B&W’s.

I’ve ordered an Amp to pair with my new LS 50 Metas, it is an Arcam SA20 and I was able to get it for $1,300. I’m all in for 3K, which was a little above my budget, but hope that everything pairs well and the loss of sound isn’t too critical. Thanks everyone for their comments and advice.

‘Scott