Think fast: What would you take?

I live in beautiful Portland, Oregon.
Pandemics, riots, rain, no rain, economic turmoil, comets...
Now we have devastating fires. 
One of my audio buddies is waiting in an evacuation center, awaiting the horrible news that he's lost his home. A couple others are at level 2 ready to abandon their homes. These guys are the best audiophile guys you could ever hope to have around. You probably know them.
With light rain in the forecast (Monday), I feel fairly safe.
But, I have collected one small suit case, just in case. My car will be loaded with camping gear. A photo album. Maybe a friend or 2.
Of the items in my listening room, I know I can't take any equipment. Maybe a couple Lps? No, I could replace those. 
So, I ask you: What would you take?
Hopefully, you'll never be in such a situation.
oregon

Showing 10 responses by tomic601

+ minorl you have a good grip on it for sure. There are some claiming innocence for which the mayhem is just forum entertainment. Now let’s all get busy and rake the forest !!!
@bdp24 and @dramatictenor....if ya gotta flee, head North and take up residence at my place in Seattle...take the Thorens, unless you can live with the lowly SOTA...seriously need a housesitter...if it comes to that..
you must be new, who said 200k dead due to fires ?

make the leap, it aint that hard
what possible intellectual discourse could there be relative to Qanon ? other than the clinical diagnosis of insanity ?
@snilf much wisdom in your post and on your mountaintop

yes, we are trapped in the Field of Blackbirds world....only the self aware can step outside it.... my very best to you. May you stay safe up there in the wizzened oaks. IF you get down South to Carlsbad or North to Seattle, stop by for a glass and some tunes.

Jim
and that is the jist, the deplorables MUST pool together, hence the desire for us to honor an insane right to even discuss idiocy like Qanon....
to the OP question...the small cherished things that are not already digital in the cloud....handed down trinkets from my parents ( gone ), pawprint of the ancient Labrador ( over the bridge ) and IF i was in Seattle my parents Mac tube gear, an old double I restocked, a hardy and a bamboo rod.....

wishing you and your friends grace, peace and health

as the Eagles sang “ every form of refuge has it’s price “