Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant

Here’s one of my dream tweaks for my 2.7s

replace the front baffle, Which I think is MDF,

With a thicker constrained layer damped aluminum

Baffle.  

Also, I’d like to hear my Thiels with the grills off, However

I am allergic to the look of drivers in general, And as neato

as the Thiel drivers are, I’d find them very distracting.

So in my dreams, Rob Gillum comes up with a way

To make the drivers black - Some sort of spray coating?

So that The drivers blend in with the baffle. 

I agree with you about the grills off and I too wish the woofers were black ,

I'm not sure if an aluminum baffle frame would be an improvement but since the woofer and the baffle are the same as the 2.4 ( of which many more were built ) maybe someday the dream will come true .

A while back I had tried adding resistors in series with the coaxial speakers , they didn't sound good . Tom suggested tring a bypass capacitor on the 1uf bypass capacitors on the tweeter and the mid speakers , I found a pair of .01uf Cardas capacitors and installed them on the tweeter I can highly recommend this "upgrade" . I only did the tweeter because I think these were the last 2 capacitors for sale since Cardas stopped making their golden ratio caps a while back (bummer) .

vair68robert

Can you talk about the presentation and sound after adding those Cardas .01uf capacitors? Feel free to cite your fave musical tracks that saw an improvement "upgrade".

Happy Listening!