Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

velocityofhue

Nice combo- CS 2.4 and Pass Labs  X150.8- stay tuned until one of the Panel members chimes in to address your query.

Happy Listening!

cascadesphil

Thank You for chiming in to address velocityofhue 's query.

Happy Listening!

ok great! I do thank you for the advice and recommendation Cascadesphil. I didn't know if a certain frequency is best to have dialed in on crossover but it sounds like each setup differs depending on room acoustics. The test mic will give the software roll off points I assume? Sorry if that sounds like a numnut its just I'm all very new to this. I've never owned a subwoofer before

Jafant The X150.8 is incredible sounding. High end sound right from the start. Thank you for a compliment.

"The test mic will give the software roll off points I assume?"  One uses the mic with pink noise (there are free downloads as well as test discs).  I usually measure with the subs turned off.  In a room bass frequencies sum.  So one does not want to have the main speakers producing the same frequencies as the sub and causing a bass bump at certain frequencies.  So note where the mains start to drop off and set the Rel accordingly (I currently have a pair of Rel S/812s in the main system) and then test again and get it as even as possible without peaks and dips in the lower frequencies.  I also use room treatments.

velocityofhue

My pleasure. Oddly enough, the Pass Labs X150.8 is the only model that I have heard. I rather enjoyed the presentation and sound with an Aesthetix pre-amp, Aesthetix cd player,  Thiel CS 2.4 loudspeakers and Synergistic Research cable loom (older series).

Sidebar:

A few years back I heard the Pass Labs XP-10 and XP-20 pre-amps with Parasound HCA series power amps, TAD loudspeakers, Esoteric DV-60 universal player, Silent Source cables and Wireworld Silver Electra power cords.

Happy Listening!